11-24-08 09:20 PM
27 12
tools
    Ok guys the way you fix this is pretty simple, though not obvious.

Go to Options --> Advanced --> Applications. In there, highlight the Visual Voicemail application and hit the menu key and chose Edit Permissions. From there, change the option to the right of connections to Allow (it will probably be set to custom by default). Expand the Interactions option and make sure everything but INput simulation, Broswer Filtering, and Security Timer Reset are set to Allow. Finally, change User Data to Allow.

Save your settings and try leaving yourself a voicemail, it should now work. If it still doesn't work, give it a battery pull and you'll be all set. Fixed two phones which were having this same problem doing this. Enjoy.
    This looks like it solved my problem thanks
    11-24-08 08:52 PM
    UPDATE :: EVERYTHING MENTIONED ABOVE RE: no voicemail indicators and text messages not alerting the phone audibaly is a KNOWN ISSUE with the engineers and now the supervisor just was asked to open another trouble ticket !!!!

ahahahaha Good job folks !!!
    hey man i had the sammme problem as u, i called the blackberry techs yesterday..they dont know much about the phone either. what they did to fix it was u have to go into ring setups and select custom vibrate for ur messages. set it " in and out of holdster" otherwise it wont work. its a software problem that they know know about. should be in the update
    11-24-08 09:20 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD