Two days ago my phone rebooted out of the blue, and this morning it done it again, thats twice that i've noticed it may be more I just happened to catch sight of it rebooting.
    Is my battery goosed ? any ideas.

Playbook 64 - Storm 2.
    10-04-11 03:19 AM
    Two days ago my phone rebooted out of the blue, and this morning it done it again, thats twice that i've noticed it may be more I just happened to catch sight of it rebooting.
    Is my battery goosed ? any ideas.

Playbook 64 - Storm 2.
    more than likely, yes. here's a tip for you, check the battery level after the reboot. if it dropped significantly from you knowing it was "full", then the battery is most likely shot.

wait until you get the reboot, start booting, reboot, start booting, reboot, start booting, and won't start up proper until plugged in scenario...
    10-04-11 08:38 AM
    Battery could have became slightly loose also. I'm almost certain that's the only reason I get sudden reboots. Try to take the back off and push the battery in and down towards the contact area to make sure its got a solid connection. See if that helps at all. If not, must be something else. :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 11:07 AM
    I thought that was normal. Mine has done that since the day I bought it. My favorite thing is when it just does it in the middle of a call or while texting. Despite all the problems, maybe I should try a battery before I hang mine up for the last time.
    10-11-11 02:28 PM
    My old 9550 use to reboot at random when I didn't have 3g. Never once did it reboot when I on my home network. My phone could be sitting in the night stand and all the sudden it would reboot. So the battery being lose wasn't the problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-11-11 02:32 PM
    I've had similar problems with mine lately, mostly when attempting to use the camera. Thought it might have been an app I recently downloaded, so I uninstalled it, but it still happens. I've not had any issues with the battery being loose. Possible bug in the OS maybe?
    10-11-11 09:18 PM
    more than likely, yes. here's a tip for you, check the battery level after the reboot. if it dropped significantly from you knowing it was "full", then the battery is most likely shot.

wait until you get the reboot, start booting, reboot, start booting, reboot, start booting, and won't start up proper until plugged in scenario...
    More than likely not a battery issue.. i have 3 batteries for mine, one purchased directly from vzw a month ago and that is the one i currently use. last night i watched it reset 3 times in one hour.
    10-16-11 07:42 AM
    More than likely not a battery issue.. i have 3 batteries for mine, one purchased directly from vzw a month ago and that is the one i currently use. last night i watched it reset 3 times in one hour.

I had the same issue you're describing. It was my battery. When it rebooted, it would go from 97% battery to showing 20% battery when it came back up. Then it started doing the reboot, shut down, reboot, shut down, reboot, without ever making it to the home screen. Replaced my battery, and have yet to have it happen again.

you sure your batteries are good?
    10-17-11 09:22 AM
    I had the same issue you're describing. It was my battery. When it rebooted, it would go from 97% battery to showing 20% battery when it came back up. Then it started doing the reboot, shut down, reboot, shut down, reboot, without ever making it to the home screen. Replaced my battery, and have yet to have it happen again.

you sure your batteries are good?
    The one I had been using is less than 6 months old
    10-17-11 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD