Hi Everyone,

I've researched extensively on my problem and haven't found a solution thus far. My baby is missing MMS (nothing about MMS on it at all!) - Options, no MMS.. The SMS menu icon should be "SMS & MMS" but it's just MMS. In phone Options, I do not have Call Waiting, Call Divert and Call Barring Options.

I also found this in the following tips & tricks page: (http://blackberrystormfront.com/?p=4760)
    "Separate Colors for Emails from Different Accounts
    Go to Options -> Security Options -> Information
    Look at Message Outline Colors and choose your color for each message option"

- But I dont have Message Outline Colours under "Information"

I dont know what else is missing.. Help please.

I've performed several wipes and OS upgrades. Thanks.

Specs:
    Storm 2 9550
    Carrier: Verizon
    OS: 5.0.0.451 (upgraded last night from .320 to fix the issue but it didn't)
    **The phone is unlocked and I'm using it with an MTN sim card.
    03-18-10 10:10 AM
    Any takes?

I hope this will help further.

(SIM Card options "MEPD"):

Personalization:
    SIM - Disabled
    Network - Inactive
    Network Subset - Disabled
    Service Provider - Disabled
    Corporate - Disabled
    03-18-10 10:29 AM
    OF NOTE:

- BIS is activated and working perfectly on the MTN Network
    - Phone's IMEI is legit
    - I bought it brand new but the box was not sealed (i figure for unlocking)

I cant figure out what could be wrong.

I've been troubleshooting this for a week now and still can't get it fixed.

Are there settings I need to change in the CDMA Service Edit Screen?? I'm thinking maybe Verizon did not activate MMS and the Call Options for the phone?

Help.. people using Verizon in the States. Thanks.
    03-18-10 10:39 AM
    If you are using VZW you do not need a SIM card. You need to set up your BIS to get MMS.

If your carrier is a GSM carrier, not VZW, you need to get a BlackBerry data plan (BIS) through them to enable MMS.

Who is your service provider: MTN or VZW?
    03-18-10 10:46 AM
    Thanks,

My service provider is MTN (a GSM carrier). I set up my BIS with them and they say all the settings (including MMS) were automatically pushed to my phone.

The phone is VZW branded.
    03-18-10 11:01 AM
    Thanks,

My service provider is MTN (a GSM carrier). I set up my BIS with them and they say all the settings (including MMS) were automatically pushed to my phone.

The phone is VZW branded.
    Does your carrier sell the Storm2? If not you are going to need to find the service books and install them using your PC. For instance AT&T does not sell the Storm2, and this thread explains how to get all the features working with AT&T.
    03-18-10 11:15 AM
    They dont sell the storm2 at present but they do have Curve 8520 as their latest BB.. I believe it's the same service books they use for those phones. I tried loading my friend's Curve service books (including mms) on my phone but the mms service book did not appear on my phone (desperate!)

If I do a clean reload of the OS and I still dont get MMS then I might have to buy another unlocked Storm2 (w/ different carrier) because I suspect these features are locked from Verizon.

Meanwhile my new CSR friend at MTN is trying to help me as well.
    03-18-10 11:28 AM
    If i follow that guide using the AT&T Service books will it work for me?
    03-18-10 11:44 AM
    Hi,

Problem solved thanks to pltaylor (w/ MTN service books). Thanks!!!!!

I've got "SMS and MMS" now, although the phone options - waiting, forwarding and barring are still missing but i'll still see if I can fix that with another OS upgrade. I'll test with the Sasktel and Vodafone upgrades.

Vodafone link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F
    03-19-10 07:36 AM
    Does this mean that I have to go through all steps like I did for the storm 1 on storm 2 to get MMS working on AT&T? Bummer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 03:11 PM
    Does this mean that I have to go through all steps like I did for the storm 1 on storm 2 to get MMS working on AT&T? Bummer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, unfortunately.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-19-10 03:38 PM
    cheers.....so how did you sort out the problem of the mtn service books for your mms
    06-27-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD