I was wondering if there was any app or option that would allow you to add dashes/spaces into all of your contacts (e.g. have it display 555-555-5555 as opposed to 5555555555) at once as opposed to manually adding them contact by contact. Thanks in advance.
    06-18-10 04:41 PM
    I was wondering if there was any app or option that would allow you to add dashes/spaces into all of your contacts (e.g. have it display 555-555-5555 as opposed to 5555555555) at once as opposed to manually adding them contact by contact. Thanks in advance.
    Someone correct me if i am wrong but I think that if you export your contacts from outlook with dashes they will carry over to your bb
    06-18-10 04:43 PM
    Yes. Format them the way you want in Outlook and the format will carry over. Its a pain to do, but worth it to me. You can also do it on your phone.

After you get them the way you want, just make sure ad you add new contacts you add them in the correct format.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 09:15 PM
    You may say it's a pain, but I exported them to outlook and had Outlook export it to Excel. I formatted the column with the phone numbers to a phone number format, deleted all contacts in outlook, and imported the fixed Excel file. Presto!
    06-18-10 09:26 PM
    I tried that but I kept having problems exporting back to Outlook from Excel. After fighting it for two hours or more, I gave up and spent thirty minutes doing them one by one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 09:34 PM
    I was successful. Go figure. It was a little tricky at first but it worked out. I think I had to copy/paste to a new column to make the formula work, then copy back.
    06-18-10 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD