Not too sure if this is in the correct location within the forum. Anyway, when making a phone call, in the top left of the screen it displays the phone number of YOUR cell phone. Is there anyway that can be removed, so no one can see your phone number being displayed on your cell phone?
    01-05-09 03:16 PM
    If its to your ear, how would they see it? Plus the screen goes black after 30 sec or so.

But no, I am not aware of any way to remove that, as its built into the software of the phone.
    01-05-09 03:18 PM
    I was just kind of curious. To me it is a little annoying. I just did not see a point in displaying your own phone number on the home screen.
    01-06-09 08:44 PM
    I lost count of how many people I've come across who don't know their own phone number. I think they'll find this feature pretty useful... lol
    01-06-09 09:02 PM
    There used to be an option to disable that display on OS4.5 and below. Don't know why they left this out of 4.7.
    01-07-09 01:50 AM
    every blackberry I know has had this feature. Good for you that you know your own #. Like the other poster said, I too know tons of people who don't know their own # and it always baffles me. To top it off, they use the excuse that they don't call them selves as the reason for not knowing it.

- I mean seriously, do they not know their own mailing address either because they wouldn't obviously mail themselves anything.
    01-07-09 02:42 AM

- I mean seriously, do they not know their own mailing address either because they wouldn't obviously mail themselves anything.
    good point...classic
    01-07-09 02:44 AM
    every blackberry I know has had this feature. Good for you that you know your own #. Like the other poster said, I too know tons of people who don't know their own # and it always baffles me. To top it off, they use the excuse that they don't call them selves as the reason for not knowing it.

Also ask them if they actually know the phone numbers of all the people they have in their speed dial. They obviously call them all the time, and I doubt they know their numbers either. I have like 5 phone numbers commited to memory. My cell number is certainly one of them.
    01-07-09 03:10 AM
    psshhht.... dont forget those people that dont know their own email address...
    01-08-09 05:39 PM
    its also helpful in large corporate enviroments. if you are BES admin trying to admin 1000's of phones, i would think it could be helpful?
    01-08-09 05:51 PM
    I one ran into someone who made their Blackberry password "Blackberry". Get this... because it was written on the front of it and easy for them to remember because of that. This phone number option is for those people... lol However, like I said, previous OS versions prior to 4.7 used to have an option to turn this off. Perhaps they just forgot on the first few releases of 4.7. I'm sure they'll fix it.
    01-08-09 06:55 PM
    They could make it like most other phones that have your phone number accessible via some menu option rather than showing it during your phone call.
    01-08-09 07:26 PM
    could you not use the ##000000 function and change your phone number in there to what you want it to show or just put all 0's
    01-09-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD