This is now my third storm..First one with the old OS worked ok , a little sluggish but decent after I updated to the .75 OS people started to complain that I sounded muffled, VZN sent me a new one same thing, now on my third same problem..just my luck or is anyone else having this issue ???
    12-19-08 04:23 PM
    you're probably going to have to go for 4. a client of mine had this issue he got a new one and it sounds fine.
    12-19-08 04:28 PM

This is now my third storm..First one with the old OS worked ok , a little sluggish but decent after I updated to the .75 OS people started to complain that I sounded muffled, VZN sent me a new one same thing, now on my third same problem..just my luck or is anyone else having this issue ???
    I had the same problem with .75 and .76. I updated to .83 today and it's MUCH better. Give it a try.
    12-19-08 04:35 PM
    I had the same problem with .75 and .76. I updated to .83 today and it's MUCH better. Give it a try.
    Same with me, but according to some on this board , there are Storms out there that sounded good before the update. Makes you wonder what the issue is..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 04:59 PM
    Mine has had the "muffled" problem since I got it... no matter what update. I did .75, .76 and now .83 with no difference in quality. My new Storm shipped yesturday, and ill have it Mon. Hope it fixes the problem.
    12-19-08 05:04 PM
    Yea, I also have the muffled sound in calls.

I'll see how it goes then decide whether to get another or not.
    12-19-08 06:42 PM
    the standard setting on the storm has a lot of bass. select boost treble from the phone > options > general options >
    also default call Volume to 50%
    enable automatic volume control on enhanced audio (maybe)

Makes bluetooth and the handset much clearer and stops over driving the speaker.
    12-19-08 07:55 PM
    thanks..gonna give the forth one a try..might have to go back to the Curve..
    12-20-08 10:25 AM
    i feel bad for all you having problems. i must be lucky. i have 0 problems.
    12-20-08 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD