I cannot tell you what is the matter here, no matter what I do, ive read all of the memory optimization threads, deleted all the crap I dont use (games, documentstogo. all that dumb junk, ive even set my phone to turn off every day at 4am and turn on at 4:30(because i get ready to work at 5am)

but its still sucking memory usually start at 45.9 and within an hour am @ my teens

I have the android X theme installed, using the apps myspace, facebook, twitterberry, bbm, aim, youtube, and youmail
    03-30-09 12:52 PM
    Do you close the programs after you use them that's what people keep telling me to do .. lol
    03-30-09 01:00 PM
    i always do that, no matter what i do to "optimize" my efficientcy, it always seems to make it worse than when I first started, pretty soon im only going to be able to turn the phone on, if i keep deleting more and more
    03-30-09 01:03 PM
    ive had memory issues too and i was told youtube is a killer, uninstalled it this am and havent been lower than mid 20s since...

idk if that is the leak in your case, but figured id let ya know
    03-30-09 01:10 PM
    Try deletiing FaceBook and MySpace for about a week. These (especially MySpace) are memory hogs. Try re-installing after a week and continue to monitor. I, too, have some memory hogs I have to manage (FaceBook, Viigo, WSJ Reader). For MySpace, you may also want to exit the app. every now and then. Don't just close it.
    03-30-09 01:14 PM
    I have the same prob and deleted everything. how the **** do you start at 45.9? after a batter pull, the best i can start out with 31.3 then leaks to the mid teens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 02:00 PM
    Have you tried reverting back to the default theme? Also, which OS are you running? Some have a KNOWN memory leak issue....try upgrading to the 114 hybrid v1 or the new v3....they have better mem optimization...

edit: nvm, just saw your app list...do remove FB and MS and see how that helps...
    03-30-09 02:05 PM
    Ill delete facebook and myspace, probably just use the mobile sites, then, i watch way too many youtube vids to delete those.
    03-30-09 02:07 PM
    I have the same prob and deleted everything. how the **** do you start at 45.9? after a batter pull, the best i can start out with 31.3 then leaks to the mid teens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i dont know it just says 45.9 everytime i batt pull.
    03-30-09 02:08 PM
    Am I having a leak issue ?/ I am looking at my memory right now and It says
    Application Memory 20.6MB
    Device Memory total space 879.2MB
    free space 872.6
    Media card total space 7.3GB
    free space 6.0GB
    Thank you
    03-30-09 02:35 PM
    .113. This is where my memory was before I yanked the battery, but the phone was working just fine. I'm starting to wonder if this memory thing is a little over rated.

03-30-09 02:45 PM
    whoa..have not seen that since my 8830 days....but yes, in your case, 113 might be the culprit as I have read of many people with bad memory leaks with that OS...would you be open to upgrading to the 114 hybrid...that has slowed down my memory leaks to a crawl...and for some people, cured their storms completely.
    03-30-09 02:57 PM
    .113 was like that for me and now i have the Hybrid V3 with logmaid and I sit at 37MB all day. Try it out. Make sure you let it sit for a day and pull the battery a couple times to speed up the process and see if that helps. Good luck!!

I have at least 8 apps running.
    Last edited by NJ Valid; 03-30-09 at 03:03 PM.
    03-30-09 02:59 PM
    whoa..have not seen that since my 8830 days....but yes, in your case, 113 might be the culprit as I have read of many people with bad memory leaks with that OS...would you be open to upgrading to the 114 hybrid...that has slowed down my memory leaks to a crawl...and for some people, cured their storms completely.
    I'm a little apprehensive about installing the hybrids due to the deep file swapping that is required. When I get annoyed enough, I will probably take the time to figure it out before I attempt.
    03-30-09 03:07 PM
    yea i dont ever do anything right when i try to DIY it. I even paid a guy 30 bucks to make my psp battery into a pandora battery so I could get custom firmware lmfao(which i also had him install)
    03-30-09 03:13 PM
    .113 was like that for me and now i have the Hybrid V3 with logmaid and I sit at 37MB all day. Try it out. Make sure you let it sit for a day and pull the battery a couple times to speed up the process and see if that helps. Good luck!!

I have at least 8 apps running.
    can you maybe pm me or link the operating system you have? the memory leak, and losing songs (only in gui, not on memory card) on this phone have driven me CRAZY!
    03-30-09 03:21 PM
    Im at 1.6 mb's and my phone works the way it should?
    03-30-09 03:36 PM
    can you maybe pm me or link the operating system you have? the memory leak, and losing songs (only in gui, not on memory card) on this phone have driven me CRAZY!
    Yeah no problem I'll send you a PM within the next half hour.
    03-30-09 03:57 PM
    Yeah no problem I'll send you a PM within the next half hour.
    thanks brother.
    03-30-09 04:07 PM
    Madison I sent you that pm
    03-30-09 05:29 PM
    I'm a little apprehensive about installing the hybrids due to the deep file swapping that is required. When I get annoyed enough, I will probably take the time to figure it out before I attempt.
    yea i dont ever do anything right when i try to DIY it. I even paid a guy 30 bucks to make my psp battery into a pandora battery so I could get custom firmware lmfao(which i also had him install)
    You guys...it's not as complicated as you think...if you want, I can help you guys get the OS on there....cliff notes:

First, make a backup of your BB.

1. download and install 114 to your PC
    2. download and extract the 114 v3 hybrid to your desktop.
    3. Now, navigate to the directory where you have 114 and delete ONE folder. It's got the same name as the one you extracted in step 2 here. Now take the extracted v3 folder and drag and drop it where you deleted the 114 folder.
    4. You now have the hybrid installed to your PC. Attach your BB and run app loader and let it install this to your BB. You are done!

and that's it, you are done. Let me know if you need me to help out or head to the v3 threads....it's amazing how many helpful people there are....your storm will be a totally different machine after this...
    03-30-09 07:19 PM
    You guys...it's not as complicated as you think...if you want, I can help you guys get the OS on there....cliff notes:

First, make a backup of your BB.

1. download and install 114 to your PC
    2. download and extract the 114 v3 hybrid to your desktop.
    3. Now, navigate to the directory where you have 114 and delete ONE folder. It's got the same name as the one you extracted in step 2 here. Now take the extracted v3 folder and drag and drop it where you deleted the 114 folder.
    4. You now have the hybrid installed to your PC. Attach your BB and run app loader and let it install this to your BB. You are done!

and that's it, you are done. Let me know if you need me to help out or head to the v3 threads....it's amazing how many helpful people there are....your storm will be a totally different machine after this...
    Fine, I will read the instructions, thoroughly, and give er a whirl. Please expect a PM from me if I ruin my phone though...
    03-30-09 07:35 PM
    lol...just remember to always back up first and follow the instructions to the T...you should be fine... and yes, feel free to send me a PM should you need any help. I'm excited for you!
    03-30-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD