I am not sure if my phone does it with the ringer on because my phone is always on vibrate. But, I have noticed a pattern. 98% of the time, the phone locks up when a message is received.

Most of the time when my phone locks up, I am waiting for a message. So, i usually have it sitting down and, once it vibrates, i pick it up.

Is the problem with the combination of the hardware receiving the new message, telling me I have a new message, and me picking up the phone? The change in the phone's position might be wanting to flip the screen. So, I'm wondering if its just too much to handle all at once, or if there is a software glitch with this combo.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    05-24-09 02:27 PM
    Did u try battery pull (w/device ON)?
    05-24-09 02:36 PM
    Yes. Thats the only way to get the phone to work again.

Usually, the screen is on when the phone locks up. But then sometimes the screen is pitch black and it will lock up when i try to pick it up and check the new message. Either way, the screen becomes unresponsive.

But that damn red light keeps blinking and tells me i have a message that i cant read until after the battery pull.
    05-24-09 02:40 PM
    i DOUBT this is the problem, but i had a thing where my screen was VERY slow to respond with text messages because I had set my saveing texts to 30 days, and was texting non stop, and never deleted my texts...
    needless to say,when I cleared both my inbox AND outbox, it worked for me...

If you have alot of texts, just try that out
    05-24-09 02:58 PM
    That is a good point.

I will try that. lol. I barely delete my messages once a month... i probably have 1000-1500 messages or more.
    05-24-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD