All of a sudden when I push the phone key, the camera starts. When I push the volume down key whatever I have set for the left convenience key (capture it) activates! I have the right convenience key set to camera.

I didn't install anything new that I could think of that could cause this bug. I was running the .113 OS. I wiped my device and instaled the .114 v2 hybird and restored my backup. Same problem. -- This leads me to think it is a 3rd party app. but I can't think of which one it could be. So then I restored an earlier backup from when I did not have the problem and still did not fix it.

It's gotta be a software related and not hardware. Right? Anyone else experience this? I think this pretty strange.

** I now set the right convience key to "nothing" and now the phone key works fine. The problem still exists however.

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-28-09 08:23 AM
    my pearl would do that when it got dust up under the trackball, maybe some dust got under the screen and is shorting the different buttons? just a thought
    03-28-09 08:38 AM
    my pearl would do that when it got dust up under the trackball, maybe some dust got under the screen and is shorting the different buttons? just a thought
    That is possible. I hadn't thought about that. There is that nice gap there between the keys and the screen.

I wonder if I hit it with some compressed air if it would clear out some of the dirt / dust in there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 09:01 AM
    Just be careful, you may push dust in further with compressed air.
    03-28-09 11:01 AM
    Use a vacuum cleaner first.
    03-28-09 11:15 AM
    Yea, I will try the vacuum and then maybe try a disassemble instead.
    03-28-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD