So I have had my phone for just over two weeks now and since the day I got it it has randomly shut off and reset itself. I installed .109 a few days ago but it continues to
    Do it. What should I do? Should I go get a replacement?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 05:54 PM
    So I have had my phone for just over two weeks now and since the day I got it it has randomly shut off and reset itself. I installed .109 a few days ago but it continues to
    Do it. What should I do? Should I go get a replacement?

This happened on my 8830 I pulled the battery out for about 15 minutes then plugged in to computer and started up DM and that fixed it. Don't know if that was just luck or not, but hey give it a try.

ps after that it never did it again.
    03-04-09 06:29 PM
    I have done a ton of battery pulls and it didn't make any difference at all. I will give it 4 more days and if its still doing it I will take it back. It did it the first time only an hour after leaving the verizon store. I have had no memory losses and really hate to take the phone back because I just feel bad doing that.
    03-04-09 06:42 PM
    I have done a ton of battery pulls and it didn't make any difference at all. I will give it 4 more days and if its still doing it I will take it back. It did it the first time only an hour after leaving the verizon store. I have had no memory losses and really hate to take the phone back because I just feel bad doing that.
    Did you try hooking it up to DM?
    03-04-09 06:47 PM
    Yeah I have already backed it up twice and have also installed .109 to try and fix the problem, it did seem to help but the phone still resets itself. Im puzzled
    03-04-09 06:56 PM
    maybe you should try a wipe and start all over
    03-04-09 07:29 PM
    Ugh that's what I'm trying to avoid

03-04-09 07:58 PM
    I would do the wipe, Verizon will have you do it anyways to trouble shoot the issue.
    03-04-09 08:40 PM
    I thin you should get a replacement, if it was behaving this way hours after walking out of the store sounds more like a hardware issue. I am not sure what pluging it into DM will do?
    03-04-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD