This is really the worst experience I have had with a phone. The screen ALWAYS locks up and i'm ALWAYS having to do a battery pull. The problem is, I dropped it on my kitchen tile about a month ago and I feel if I go into Verizon they are going to blame that as the reason it's not working. I have really begun to hate this phone with a passion. Should I just try my luck and get Verizon to try and replace it anyways? Thanks
    08-07-10 11:41 AM
    Is there physical damage? Can't hurt to try. Which OS are you running? Try wiping and reload something other than the VZW cr@p.
    Last edited by plkcable; 08-07-10 at 11:52 AM.
    08-07-10 11:44 AM
    1. Ask for exchange till you get a good one.
    2. Sell it away
    3. If screen is damaged, sell it for 50bucks because replacing the screen cost near 100.
    4. Suck it up and wipe the OS but make sure u backup important data first.
    08-07-10 11:56 AM
    merci bocoup
    08-07-10 11:57 AM
    1. Ask for exchange till you get a good one.
    2. Sell it away
    3. If screen is damaged, sell it for 50bucks because replacing the screen cost near 100.
    4. Suck it up and wipe the OS but make sure u backup important data first.
    So you're saying they WILL exchange it for a new one?
    08-07-10 12:02 PM
    This guy has no idea what he's talking about. He's not on Verizon and he posts all sorts of nonsense.

If there's no physical damage you may be able to get them to swap it out.
    08-07-10 12:07 PM
    If there is no physical damage, i don't see why vzw would give you crap as far as exchanging it. I would go that route if i were you. Have you tried calling customer support? If not you should, they are usually very helpful.
    08-07-10 12:40 PM
    This guy has no idea what he's talking about. He's not on Verizon and he posts all sorts of nonsense.

If there's no physical damage you may be able to get them to swap it out.
    You are the one who have no idea and u don't even like storm2.

So you're saying they WILL exchange it for a new one?
    Didn't you read? if you got a crack screen u jolly well sell it at 50bucks.

U said u dropped it... so did it crack or not? we are not you so we wont know unless u tell us.
    08-07-10 12:44 PM
    You are the one who have no idea and u don't even like storm2.
    I really do and what does that have to do with anything?? Let me make it simple for you:

OP wants a replacement, selling it for 50 bucks is not what the OP is looking to do.
    08-07-10 12:49 PM
    It would be silly for the OP to sell it for 50(if he has insurance). Why sell it for 50 when he can file a insurance claim, get a refurb then sell it for 175-225?
    08-07-10 12:55 PM
    I went to the store and since I don't have insurance, they can't do anything for me. **** pisses me off
    08-07-10 01:24 PM
    Nice thread. You're claiming the phone is terrible when in fact its your fault that its not working.
    08-07-10 01:28 PM
    Did you ask for a new phone or a FRU? Alot of times, they carry refurbished units that are just as good as new ones. They don't usually include batteries or battery door, but you can swap that from yours.

Otherwise, you're gonna have to backup your device, wipe it, reinstall your OS, and hope that does the trick.
    08-07-10 01:33 PM
    Did you ask for a new phone or a FRU? Alot of times, they carry refurbished units that are just as good as new ones. They don't usually include batteries or battery door, but you can swap that from yours.

Otherwise, you're gonna have to backup your device, wipe it, reinstall your OS, and hope that does the trick
    this.......
    08-07-10 01:35 PM

Otherwise, you're gonna have to backup your device, wipe it, reinstall your OS, and hope that does the trick.
    They did that, but that still doesn't change the fact that the screen still gets stuck.
    08-07-10 01:42 PM
    Nice thread. You're claiming the phone is terrible when in fact its your fault that its not working.
    How is it my fault? The phone was messing up before I dropped it. Don't comment on something you know nothing about, dumbass.
    08-07-10 01:43 PM
    Pot...Kettle...something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 01:55 PM
    It sucks that you aren't having good luck with your S2. After reading that you ALWAYS have to do battery pulls, It dawned on me that the only time my S2 reboots is when I install or delete an app that requires a reboot to complete the operation. I decided I would check my device info and turns out my S2 has been continually used for over a week and I still have 104 mb of app memory. It boots at 112 because I have a lot of apps.

This is a device that is used way to much also. It's not like those 200 hours was it just sitting there not being touched. I'm constantly on it. So honestly something is wrong. You should not need to do frequent Battery Pulls. This isn't the Storm 1. I would recommend you wipe and reinstall .713, Also try shrink an os. To get rid of all the junk you don't use. I Hope you can figure out a solution to the problem. Because in all honesty the Storm 2 is far from horrible. I love mine.

08-07-10 05:11 PM
    It sucks that you aren't having good luck with your S2. After reading that you ALWAYS have to do battery pulls, It dawned on me that the only time my S2 reboots is when I install or delete an app that requires a reboot to complete the operation. I decided I would check my device info and turns out my S2 has been continually used for over a week and I still have 104 mb of app memory. It boots at 112 because I have a lot of apps.

This is a device that is used way to much also. It's not like those 200 hours was it just sitting there not being touched. I'm constantly on it. So honestly something is wrong. You should not need to do frequent Battery Pulls. This isn't the Storm 1. I would recommend you wipe and reinstall .713, Also try shrink an os. To get rid of all the junk you don't use. I Hope you can figure out a solution to the problem. Because in all honesty the Storm 2 is far from horrible. I love mine.

Hey Whitmen, how are you display that "Device Information"? Is that native within BB, or a 3rd party app?
    08-08-10 12:47 AM
    Hey Whitmen, how are you display that "Device Information"? Is that native within BB, or a 3rd party app?
    It's a function of Quick Launch. One app every person with a Storm should own.
    08-08-10 12:49 AM
    Ah!

Seem like a dead end for OP.

I shall repeat myself. If you cracked your screen. Either you sell away the phone at low price or buy a replacement screen to fix it so you can attempt to sell it away at a higher price. or keep using it after screen replacement done.

However, if your screen is intact, you tried whatever begging method and they refused to replace for you...u got no insurance...and you want to keep the phone so much even u hate it so deeply then you just have to keep wiping your phone, try tightening or loose your phone screws to try get the screen work fine.

You are simply so unlucky. I really feel sorry for you. Maybe you can go to the CB market place see if anyone willing to swap with you for a bold or curve.

What can I say? Another self-inflict problem thread.
    08-08-10 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD