when I am on a call my screen won't really allow me to do anything it's extremely hard to press . is there anything I can do to fix it
    06-12-10 04:47 PM
    nope i noticed this too. i think its so you dont click stuff on accident.
    06-12-10 06:01 PM
    darn I can't respond to anything else if I'm on a call ! That sucks
    06-12-10 06:13 PM
    You can't press the call button when you are having the phone up to your face because of the proximity sensor that is installed into the phone.

Furthermore, if you want to push it when it is away from your face, try to push a little bit above the green phone icon, it usually works for me that way.
    06-12-10 06:49 PM
    I had this problem too. I found out it was the sensor. What I did was lay the phone out on my palm flat while on call, then I press the buttons I needed. Works fine this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 10:37 PM
    Where exactly is the proximity sensor located?
    More importantly, is there a way to disable it?
    06-13-10 03:24 AM
    you guys should feel lucky then because mine is always clicking when in a call, kind of annoying if you ask me
    06-13-10 08:26 AM
    I had this problem too. I found out it was the sensor. What I did was lay the phone out on my palm flat while on call, then I press the buttons I needed. Works fine this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 Ditto when using a headset. Especially to mute/unmute the phone or go to the home screen or menu.
    06-13-10 08:35 AM
    no you cant disable it.

when you move the phone away from you face you should be able to use the button stills. Might be harder but mine still click
    06-13-10 08:41 AM
    To the OP, is your S2 a replacement with the reengineered screen?

I had this exact problem on my origional storm 2 I bought in nov when it first came out. I since have been using a replacement which was actually a new replacement and it works like a charm. The screen is just as bouncy when on a call and off a call!

Its like a different phone now... bottom keys are very very bouncy too, no matter where it is, flat or in your hands
    06-13-10 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD