So I was running .85 and I kept having a re-occuring problem where my phone kept freezing when I took it out of its holster. I currently have a BB slip case with the sleep magnet. I kept on having to do a battery pull to get everything back to normal...but with slipping my phone in and out of the case the phone priotically keeps freezing. I thought this was the OS so I down graded back to the official .75 and it keeps happening. I can replicate the problem fairly easily if I put my phone to the magnet off and on a few times, the phone will freeze. Is anyone else having this type of issue? I am thinking of taking my phone back and getting another one...any input would be great, thanks
    01-14-09 12:21 AM
    Hey why dont you take the sim card out. That will fix the problem.
    I read some where in the forum about this tip, it worked for me and i have yet to see my BB freeze up on my or get that snowy screen for 2 days now.
    I am running the the .86 and everything seems running smoothly.
    01-14-09 04:34 AM
    I have removed the sim card already for a while now (since my phone kept freezing and I got annoyed of having to press "no" when asked about gsm) but my phone still freezes.
    01-14-09 10:07 AM
    This is starting to bug, since upgrading to 86 my phone started freezing when popping it out of the holster. I then tried backing down to 85 hoping this would fix the issue. I'TS STILL FREEZING when popping out of holster.

Do I need to wipe? I'm curious if the way I'm going about downgrading from 86 to 85 is wrong. What I did was make a backup of my bb, downgrade to 85, then reload the backup ontop of it to get all of my settings back. Is this bad? I wonder if somehow a relic from 86 is still on there.

What should I do guys? When going from upgrade to upgrade or downgrade to downgrade, is it ok to reload your settings from backup? Thanks guys!!
    01-14-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD