okie dokie my phone crashed on the install of .109. White screened out, with Error 205 on the screen. Problem is now my PIN is lost and comp doesn't seem to be able to find the BB. I tried a battery pull, tried leaving battery out and plugged into the computer....no PIN, no BB even recognized.

So how do I get a pin back to reinstall??

your help is always appreciated
    02-25-09 01:15 AM
    okay I'm trying the nuked threads, but the device never switches to PIN UNKOWN and so I can't click next....its not rebooting its just simply stuck on or something

help anyone?
    02-25-09 01:32 AM
    I think I got it......helps if the silly lil USB port doesn't get unplugged on your laptop when its on your lap....hehe
    02-25-09 01:47 AM
    rofl, i was just about to offer some help too! lol
    02-25-09 01:52 AM
    rofl, i was just about to offer some help too! lol
    we shall see.....I got the app exe file and found the pin, updated the OS to .109 after uninstalling .99 on my comp....but now the phone is doing the time clock dance and idk why....I'm retrying the app exe cause DM still doesn't see my storm
    02-25-09 02:05 AM
    lol well i'll be up for awhile longer! phone turn on at all or is the clock just stuck on?
    02-25-09 02:08 AM
    lol well i'll be up for awhile longer! phone turn on at all or is the clock just stuck on?
    actually.....it all just came back after trying to do the app exe again....ironiclly the app exe program on my comp froze....it does that sometimes....and the phone went to clock then main screne and booted up just fine with .109 which was what I was trying to upgrade to in the first place
    02-25-09 02:10 AM
    crossing fingers....uploading my back ups now
    02-25-09 02:11 AM
    lol good to hear, sounds like it resolved itself.
    02-25-09 02:12 AM
    crossing fingers....uploading my back ups now
    oooh yea, i hate trusting these back up things :P

I did a 4.5 upgrade for a friend last week, and her calendar was nowhere to be found... and i did two back up files, and the auto restore during the upgrade. calendar wasn't even in the back up files! wierdest thing i've ever had.
    02-25-09 02:13 AM
    oooh yea, i hate trusting these back up things :P

I did a 4.5 upgrade for a friend last week, and her calendar was nowhere to be found... and i did two back up files, and the auto restore during the upgrade. calendar wasn't even in the back up files! wierdest thing i've ever had.
    yea.....I got like 3 backups already and plan on making another one tonight after all this.....every plan needs a plan B, part of each plan is to take steps to prepare for plan c, d, e, and f.....etc.
    02-25-09 02:18 AM
    yea, working on pc's in the past has made me a data preservation obsessive. I make like two backups before each upgrade, and one right after, lol.
    02-25-09 02:21 AM
    It will prolly burn and melt now cause its not finished reloadin my apps....but got my back ups back on the phone....watched the apps load and the phone is re-booting right now.....I think it will be okay it just takes a while to restart when you load like 10 apps

YAY! my first BB melt down crisis and I totally handled it myself and didn't freak out! THANKS CRACKBERRY!
    02-25-09 02:45 AM
    lol good to hear, that's what the community is for :P

... even though all i did was cheer from... the internet...side... yea... >.>
    02-25-09 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD