Curious if anyone else has a problem with their phone not being able to switch between landscape and portrait if you lock the phone and then unlock it. Once I unlock the phone whatever it happens to be on it will be stuck like that until I turn it off and back on.
    11-25-08 05:57 PM
    Do you have Navigator(or any other heavy memory apps) running in the background? If so, close it out and try it then. Also, keep the unit vertical when turning it.
    11-25-08 07:02 PM
    I actually had this happen to me earlier today for the first time. A lock and subsequent unlock fixed it though. Haven't had a problem since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 07:24 PM
    I have had the same problem. I got my storm monday and used the lock feature all day with no problems but tonight it has been not switching views after I locked it. Any advice from anyone
    11-25-08 11:52 PM
    check your memory..

options>memory

I try to keep my application memory free space at 15 mb + usually around 20 though.

I do have one problem though which is out of place in my memory. device memory for me is listed as 879.2 mb total with only 4.9 mb free HOWEVER i checked all places that could be eating up memory and its just not there im to the point of thinking that its reading my device memory wrong...

I do have things on the memory card which are reading correctly
    11-25-08 11:59 PM
    i had this happen for the first time today .. i just turned the phone off then back on .
    11-26-08 12:00 AM
    Known bug.. tap the screen and adjust it once to make sure it switches from portrait to landscape or vice versa before unlocking..

If you unlock and didnt do this and its stuck in landscape.. then hit the green phone icon to pull up the bad and escape out... you will be back in portrait.
    11-26-08 12:26 AM
    I'm having a similar problem - however, I can switch between landscape and portrait when looking at the main menu, calendar, clock, etc. Where I run into a problem is in email or SMS mode. Once the menu option is selected (in landscape mode), the keyboard will only come up in portrait mode. I've tried everything to get to the landscape keyboard, but no luck. Reboot, unlock/lock, etc. does not work. This just started yesterday as I was able to access the landscape keyboard prior. Any thoughts?
    11-26-08 09:50 AM
    Well I went ahead a reloaded the OS and the problem has disappeared.
    11-26-08 02:53 PM
    i've had this problem before and i found an easy work-around.

if you're stuck in landscape mode and want to return to portrait simply hit the dial button. the call feature on the phone only works in portrait mode and will reset the phone into portrait mode and from there it should switch back to landscape mode just fine.

hope this helps!
    11-26-08 02:59 PM
    I've also found that when this happens, relock the phone, flip to portrait and unlock.
    11-26-08 03:59 PM
    I also have had this problem about 3 times and most of the time I notice it happening when I locked the phone and put it in my pocket..
    Every time I eventually had to do a battery pull to get it back up.
    Also I do think I did have a few apps open before I locked it so it could be a memory issue as well but idk..

I know I was pissed every time it happened though..
    11-26-08 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD