Today I had my phone plugged into the radio to listen to music and the phone rang. I anwsered it and the person was talking through the car radio. I did not have to yell and they could hear me fine (the phone was in my cup holder since I don't have a mount yet). I was pleasently suprised this would work and was very excited about it. Later I tried to anwser another phone call, but this time it did not go through the radio and they could not hear me until I picked up the phone and used the handset as normal.

Anyone know how to set the Storm so it will always go through the radio?
    01-22-09 09:54 PM
    Using v4.7.0.86 if it matters . .
    01-22-09 09:56 PM
    Today I had my phone plugged into the radio to listen to music and the phone rang. I anwsered it and the person was talking through the car radio. I did not have to yell and they could hear me fine (the phone was in my cup holder since I don't have a mount yet). I was pleasently suprised this would work and was very excited about it. Later I tried to anwser another phone call, but this time it did not go through the radio and they could not hear me until I picked up the phone and used the handset as normal.

Anyone know how to set the Storm so it will always go through the radio?
    are you a 70 year old man? lol all joking aside.

do you have your phone set up through bluetooth in your car? what car are you using?
    01-22-09 09:58 PM
    2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - It was plugged in using a 3.5mm jack through the AUX input into the car's 70year old radio.
    01-22-09 10:05 PM
    You have to hit the speaker button when it does that. I have no idea why the phone would go to the handset when something is plugged into the headphones jack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 10:12 PM
    Oh... And yes... I use the phone connected to my JVC head unit via AUX... Beats speakerphone any day. I usually put the phone up on the visor though.

Last edited by EdwardK; 01-22-09 at 10:19 PM.
    01-22-09 10:15 PM
    Oh... And yes... I use the phone connected to... Beats speakerphone any day. I usually put the phone up on the visor though.

Done it since I had my pearl and sounds loud an clear.

this is what use:
    http://www.forgettherest.com/media/i...ics/MAXP10.jpg
    Last edited by sho95; 01-22-09 at 10:20 PM.
    01-22-09 10:17 PM
    Done it since I had my pearl and sounds loud an clear.

this is what use:
    http://www.forgettherest.com/media/i...ics/MAXP10.jpg
    I tried to use one of those once... My delco (gm factory) spit it out... I was so annoyed.

01-22-09 10:25 PM
    I have been doing this since I got my phone. All I do is use a 3.5" mini plug and connect it from phone to 3.5" AUX jack on my factory car stereo. You do have to select speaker phone to talk through thr speakers in your car. I personally think think this is better then a Bluetooth headset or car kit. I set it on my dash mount then listen to my music or GPS directions while still using my cars audio speakers. If a call comes in all I do is press speaker phone.
    Last edited by mettec; 01-25-09 at 11:49 PM. Reason: change word
    01-22-09 10:50 PM
    Much less battery drain than using blue tooth. All you need is a cheap male to male jack and you are gtg. Great for music and phone call, everything actually.

01-22-09 11:17 PM
    I have been doing this since I got my phone. All I do is use a 3.5" mini plug and connect it from phone to 3.5" AUX jack on my factory car stereo. You do have to select speaker phone to talk through thr speakers in your car. I personally think think this is better then a Bluetooth headset or car kit. I set it on my dash mount then listen to my music and GPS directions while still using my cars audio speakers. If a call comes in all I do is press speaker phone.
    Which GPS app are you using? I picked the Garmin BB app. Can you listen to music and have the GPS cut in with turn by turn? I ask because I haven't tried it yet.

01-23-09 12:00 AM
    No I can't listen to both MP3's and GPS at the same time because once the GPS voice talks it pauses the music and you need to push play again to listen. But you can have one or the other.
    01-25-09 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD