06-10-10 11:14 AM
27 12
tools
    I know there are a ton of threads dedicated to Phantom Skinz discussion, etc etc. However, I though this deserved its own thread. Please don't flame me for commending Phantom Skinz.

I recently purchased Phantom Skinz and was excited to install and protect my Storm. The installation process was very tedious and actually harder than I thought it would be. Anyway, I followed the directions and within two hours or so had it installed. After 24 hours, I began to get a bit nervous. A lot of the cloudiness had not disappeared. I'm not sure why as I followed the directions. Anyway, to make a long story short, I contacted Phantom Skinz, and explained my situation. I was only looking for tips or reassurance that the cloudiness would go away. I was shocked when they said they would send me a complete Phantom Skinz kit free of charge! They simply have the best customer service I have ever encountered!

I'm not writing this so that you'll email Phantom Skinz for a new skin, but simply to commend them for truly being an advocate for the customer (and no I don't work for them).

Anyone else have similar experiences with their customer service?
    Last edited by jongrreat; 01-07-09 at 02:57 PM.
    01-07-09 02:52 PM
    LOL, you did say flame!

Sorry.

Anyway so what is your current situation? Did it clear up yet?

James
    01-07-09 02:57 PM
    I had nearly the same experience and I posted it on here. I think my cloudiness issue was user error, but they offered a refund. Very classy group.

They were very nice. I just am not talented enough to install their product. Its VERY difficult as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't get the chrome protectors on and ultimately gave up.
    01-07-09 03:02 PM
    LOL, you did say flame!

Sorry.

Anyway so what is your current situation? Did it clear up yet?

James
    Ha yes, I did say flame. No, it hasn't cleared up yet. I'm kind of frustrated but it was probably a user error. Are you sporting a Phantom Skinz?
    I had nearly the same experience and I posted it on here. I think my cloudiness issue was user error, but they offered a refund. Very classy group.

They were very nice. I just am not talented enough to install their product. Its VERY difficult as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't get the chrome protectors on and ultimately gave up.
    I'm starting to think I'm not talented enough to install either. We will see. Very classy outfit indeed.
    Last edited by jongrreat; 01-07-09 at 03:13 PM.
    01-07-09 03:10 PM
    After reading this, I'm glad I sent my Storm to them to get the skin installed. (I'm pretty nervous about getting a bad device and having to send it back though!)

If it looks anything like the pictures posted on here of a Storm with the skin, I'll be more than happy!
    01-07-09 03:12 PM
    After reading this, I'm glad I sent my Storm to them to get the skin installed. (I'm pretty nervous about getting a bad device and having to send it back though!)

If it looks anything like the pictures posted on here of a Storm with the skin, I'll be more than happy!
    I thought about sending them my device but didn't want to put out the shipping costs. How did you send it, and if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to send?
    01-07-09 03:17 PM
    I'm in Minneapolis, and I sent a box that contained another box for them to send the unit back in, both posted, of course. I also got insurance on both packages, and sent them USPS Priority Mail(2-3 days).

It cost around $9 each way. So, total, I'm paying around $43 for the skin. Just at that price it might be worth it, plus, I got a great deal on the phone, and a bunch of freebies thrown in, so I didn't mind.

Like I said, if it turns out the way the pictures look, it's worth it.

But still VERY nervous, I hope I don't have a bad Storm.
    01-08-09 12:19 PM
    Do you know how long it takes them to send it back?
    01-08-09 12:56 PM
    Can't seem to find these on line?
    01-08-09 04:07 PM
    Well, people have successfully returned 2 or 3 or even 4 Storms to Verizon free of charge, so I'd say VZ's customer service must be pretty good!!
    01-08-09 04:32 PM
    Well, people have successfully returned 2 or 3 or even 4 Storms to Verizon free of charge, so I'd say VZ's customer service must be pretty good!!
    I like my BB storm and all. but getting 4 free phones isn't any more good customer service. that starts to sound like bad product quality. that simply shouldn't be happening.

here is my next question. assume I broke my screen, how much would it cost to replace.
    01-08-09 04:52 PM
    They do have great CS.

But the cloudiness will go away over time. Even on the black soft feel sides it will get super clear after about a week or so
    01-08-09 04:58 PM
    All I can say is Phantom Skinz rocks!
    I was having an issue with a line on my screen protector that came up after a week and a half and did not go away. So I emaild them and they are sending me a new one as we speak. I sent them some pictures of what the line looked like and they agreed to send me a new screen kit for free. Now that’s how to treat people right! And I love the way phantom skinz feels on the screen.
    01-08-09 05:09 PM
    Do you know how long it takes them to send it back?
    If they get the phone by noon, they will get it out on the same day. After that, it goes out the next day.
    01-08-09 05:46 PM
    I agree, phantomskinz has the best design for the Storm... huge fan. I even returned a competitor's product after comparing the two side-by-side.

However, be sure that you are comfortable with the warranty offered before buying this product. If you visit the main site and click on warranty, it will link you to what appears to be a different company:
    Gadget Warranty

Take a close look at the PDF posted to the site.

The instructions clearly state that you have to send $5 for EACH portion of the skin and that orders cannot be combined. Taking a quick glance, I count about 10 individual pieces for the Storm... which would far exceed the original price.

2) Remove the un-satisfactory film portion from your PED (only one piece of film can be returned for replacement per request) and attach it within the indicated square on the form.
    Also, they do not accept personal checks or credit cards (no paper trail).

5) Enclose $5.00 USD, in the form of a Cashiers Check or Money Order, made payable to GadgetWarranty.com
    Finally, Gadget Warranty is registered to the same owner as PhantomSkinz... which leaves me a bit confused as to why would choose to appear as separate companies.

Again, I am extremely satisfied with the original quality and design of this skin. However, I am never an advocate of any vendor that chooses to confuse the customer when it comes to warranties.

Apologies if I am making false implications... however, until the warranty is reworded, it is what it is.

PS. Note that the Contact Us address in the PDF is spelled incorrectly. If you click on it and send an email it'll bounce.
    Last edited by skelzer; 01-10-09 at 02:02 AM.
    01-09-09 10:58 AM
    I have had great customer service with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 11:14 AM
    Glad to see everyone's had great customer service with them too.
    01-10-09 09:55 PM
    I agree, phantomskinz has the best design for the Storm... huge fan. I even returned a competitor's product after comparing the two side-by-side.

However, be sure that you are comfortable with the warranty offered before buying this product. If you visit the main site and click on warranty, it will link you to what appears to be a different company:
    Gadget Warranty

The instructions clearly state that you have to send $5 for EACH portion of the skin and that orders cannot be combined. Taking a quick glance, I count about 10 individual pieces for the Storm... which would far exceed the original price.

Finally, Gadget Warranty is registered to the same owner as PhantomSkinz... which leaves me a bit confused as to why would choose to appear as separate companies.

Again, I am extremely satisfied with the original quality and design of this skin. However, I am never an advocate of any vendor that chooses to confuse the customer when it comes to warranties.

Apologies if I am making false implications... however, until the warranty is reworded, it is what it is.

PS. Note that the Contact Us address in the PDF is spelled incorrectly. If you click on it and send an email it'll bounce.
    skelzer,

Thanks for your comments. I would like to point out that we sell our product to other parties that desire a 3rd party to do Warranty claims. That is the primary reason for GadgetWarranty.com. As far as internet shoppers, we handle all return requests and claims internally and do have some flexibility. Just review the posts about our Customer Service and expect the same great service.

I hope this clarifies things a little.

Guru
    01-12-09 12:40 AM
    I have the PhantomSkinz installed on my phone, and love it. I removed the Ghost Armor I had originally installed, didn't like the feel and was unable to apply some of the pieces as they did not fit appropriately. The process is a bit tedious, but if you take your time it looks great. Also, I got the free screen protector for my mother's Dare, and she loves hers too. I will return to PhantomSkinz for all future needs, a great company.
    01-12-09 06:00 AM

Gadget Warranty

I found a Phantom Skinz kiosk at the local mall. The guy there put mine on for me and it looks brilliant... Lifetime warranty too, so if something goes wrong.... There was some cloudiness on mine when he first did it, but mine disappeared... Now its cleeeear!
    01-18-09 12:09 AM
    I put BestSkinsEver's skin on my Storm but peeled off the LCD portion after 3 days of using it.... too much grip and has a tacky feel. It actually made using the LCD touchscreen very unnatural.

Just ordered from these guys and will report back once I put the skin on.... wish me luck.
    01-18-09 02:29 AM
    are there any special promotional deals with phantom skinz besides the 2 sets?
    01-18-09 01:37 PM
    are there any special promotional deals with phantom skinz besides the 2 sets?
    Ben,

We continue to offer a 20% discount to all CrackBerry members. You will need to enter the discount code "crackberry20", all lower case letters, in the discount box upon checkout. All of our phone patterns come 2 inside each kit, regardless if you order a Full Body or a Screen Only Kit.

Also, feel free to ask us any questions regarding design or tips, or whatever.

Guru
    01-18-09 03:45 PM
    Ben,

We continue to offer a 20% discount to all CrackBerry members. You will need to enter the discount code "crackberry20", all lower case letters, in the discount box upon checkout. All of our phone patterns come 2 inside each kit, regardless if you order a Full Body or a Screen Only Kit.

Also, feel free to ask us any questions regarding design or tips, or whatever.

Guru
    Can this discount be combined with any other promotional deals? I ordered the skins with the 1holiday discount code (for an additional free LCD screen-only protector) but did not realize you had special discounts for CrackBerry members.
    01-18-09 07:09 PM
    Can this discount be combined with any other promotional deals? I ordered the skins with the 1holiday discount code (for an additional free LCD screen-only protector) but did not realize you had special discounts for CrackBerry members.
    Bonjour,

We only allow one promotional discount or the other. The Holiday Special has expired. We only allow one special/discount per order. I am sure that you made the correct choice.

Guru
    01-18-09 11:04 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD