Hey,

Running a 9530 on Telus.

I have a problem where it'll beep or vibrate, and when I check it there are no new messages or alerts. It just goes off for the **** of it.

Any ideas why this is happening?
    12-23-08 12:53 AM
    I think thats caused by the Mute button being depressed for a few seconds, like when you bend over to pick something up and have the fone on your belt. This causes a vibrate when going from ring to vib, and a tone when going back to ring.
    At least thats how mine worked before I installed .83 on it.
    It sure had me baffled for awhile.
    12-23-08 03:40 AM
    Negative...from a fellow Telus Stormer I too get these weird phantom alerts, most times my phone is just sitting on my desk or something and it will go off. I still have yet to locate the source of the sound though.

I think thats caused by the Mute button being depressed for a few seconds, like when you bend over to pick something up and have the fone on your belt. This causes a vibrate when going from ring to vib, and a tone when going back to ring.
    At least thats how mine worked before I installed .83 on it.
    It sure had me baffled for awhile.
    12-23-08 05:26 AM
    Negative...from a fellow Telus Stormer I too get these weird phantom alerts, most times my phone is just sitting on my desk or something and it will go off. I still have yet to locate the source of the sound though.
    i have received that tone too...randomly. i found out it was when weather bug changed to updating.
    i had no other messages...that was the only thing that changed.

i don't have that problem anymore since i upgraded to the latest version. i think it's .274? something like that.
    12-23-08 07:32 AM
    Hmmm...I don't have weatherbug installed so I guess my mystery lives on!
    12-23-08 09:00 AM
    i have received that tone too...randomly. i found out it was when weather bug changed to updating.
    i had no other messages...that was the only thing that changed.
    Although I love the Weatherbug App, this has grown to be quite annoying. I live in the Northeast. Due to the incliment weather in the last week, I've gotta up to eight alarms a day pertaining to the weather. Is there a way to turn off these notifications?

Edit: Yeah, just found it under prefrences.
    12-23-08 09:11 AM
    since you dont have weather bug, is your signal dropping in and out, if the phone looses the signal and then when it gets it back it will beep to let you know it has a signal
    12-23-08 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD