I'm running 5.0.0.428 on my 9550. I've never had any problem with my S2, until now...

I downloaded the beta of Fixmo tools and all of a sudden I have a phantom message indicator, 1 with the yellow envelope. I've looked everywhere, and I don't have a message, or do I? Help!

I think I've seen something in the forums about this, I just can't seem to find it...
    12-29-09 12:40 AM
    Go into the Message folder and under Search look for "Show" and tell it to display only unopened mail. I had the same problem and the reason I couldnt find the message was the date was 6 months old.
    12-29-09 01:12 AM
    Have you checked in the actual "messages" folder from the main screen? Missed calls will go there. I've seen it on mine when I first got it. I looked at all of my configured emails, SMS and BBM contacts. Nothing. Once I went to "messages" the call history was showing up. Between a missed call and/or a voice message. Can't recall now which it actually was.
    12-29-09 01:13 AM
    I usually click on the top of the screen on today's date. Just select mark all as read and that usually fixes it.
    12-29-09 01:36 AM
    Go into the Message folder and under Search look for "Show" and tell it to display only unopened mail. I had the same problem and the reason I couldnt find the message was the date was 6 months old.
    You are brilliant dude!!! Had the phantom message envelope. Was about to wipe my device and start over again. It was driving me that crazy!! Followed your instructions. Worked like a charm!
    10-05-10 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD