My phone plays a chime when ever im using youmail and pandora and is pissing me off to a point where i want a new phone. I turned off all notifications. Ive changed the notifications to something other than the chime.

But it keeps showing up, just a noise, but nothing is on screen no email txt bbm nothing...

WTF
    06-02-10 01:14 PM
    it needs an exorcism...
    06-02-10 01:31 PM
    I wonder if this the same chime that often pops up over my assigned sound alerts when using bbm and gtalk. For example, I can be typing in bbm and gtalk going back and forth and I'm guessing when events are too close to one another the default chime rings instead of the assigned sound.
    06-02-10 01:58 PM
    this may be the case when bbm does it, but its mostly happening with pandora, it can be sitting there and every min it will stop the music and chime twice....but its nothing im so aggrivated with this phone now
    06-02-10 02:19 PM
    Do you have the Jam app installed?

It added a really annoying chime that I had to disable in BB Options...
    06-02-10 02:37 PM
    it needs an exorcism...
    hahaha! this just made my day.
    06-02-10 02:38 PM
    no jam app..everything is turned off app wise for noise, and nothing at all is set to that chime.
    06-02-10 02:51 PM
    Try this...I discovered it by accident. In Options, under Accessibility there is an Event Sounds setting. See if that is set to ON. Don't know if that'll fix your problem if you change it to OFF.

On a side note, what a weird place to put that setting.
    06-02-10 04:18 PM
    this may be the case when bbm does it, but its mostly happening with pandora, it can be sitting there and every min it will stop the music and chime twice....but its nothing im so aggrivated with this phone now
    Wow, yeah this is completely different. Never had random phantom chiming.
    06-02-10 07:31 PM
    Wow, yeah this is completely different. Never had random phantom chiming.
    perhaps the OP just developed a case of tinnitus.
    06-02-10 07:51 PM
    OP I get a random chime at least once a day. Its totally random. I'm sure its trying to tell me something but I can't figure it out either. Mine is a low accending tone that resembles a train horn. Very annoying..........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 11:39 PM
    OP I get a random chime at least once a day. Its totally random. I'm sure its trying to tell me something but I can't figure it out either. Mine is a low accending tone that resembles a train horn. Very annoying..........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just be sure to look both ways before crossing the tracks.
    06-03-10 10:18 AM
    Try this...I discovered it by accident. In Options, under Accessibility there is an Event Sounds setting. See if that is set to ON. Don't know if that'll fix your problem if you change it to OFF.

On a side note, what a weird place to put that setting.
    This is fact has fixed the noise part of it, but even still when pandora is playing ( have it on now) instead of the chime it was playing, it just goes mute for a few seconds? wtf
    06-07-10 09:36 PM
    Searching further in Crackberry, I found this. I changed mine (the broweser was set for notifications) so I'll see what happens tonight (I hope I can post the link correctly)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bro...ff-why-444517/
    06-25-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD