Can we get some kind of petition together to see if we can't make a push to get Skyfire on the storm?

It can't hurt to let them know we all want it!
    12-05-08 02:57 PM
    They have already been contacted and they say that Blackberries are on the top of their list for the next platform they develop for.
    12-05-08 03:00 PM
    They have already been contacted and they say that Blackberries are on the top of their list for the next platform they develop for.
    Skyfire does look really good. I'm excited to see this coming to Blackberry, but something tells me this will take quite awhile, and I may have another device before then.
    12-05-08 03:04 PM
    I'm game. If we can get a petition together, I'd sign. I really want Skyfire on my phone.
    Now we just have to get more people and get this in the eyes of the right people at Skyfire.
    WCM
    12-18-08 07:54 PM
    It was an alright app when I used it on my winmo device during one of their earlier betas. It did not make me feel all warm and fuzzy though. Did like how you could edit things on a web interface though. But I dont really want something like this running constantly on my bb. It was a major resource hog on the winmo device I used and it killed the battery on that thing faster than any other program running on it. But this is a winmo device and we all how bad the battery is on any one of them.

Who know if they have made great stride in their development since I last used them this summer.
    12-18-08 07:59 PM
    i had skyfire when it was in beta (they just released it to the full public w/o beta sign up) and i must say, without a doubt, it was the best browser i have ever seen for any phone. i used it both of WM phones and it was perfect IMO. blazing fast, loads any java/flash apps. same as desktop browser
    12-18-08 08:02 PM
    Hey ainvar.
    Question. You couldn't just shut it down to not stay on in the back? They could prob borrow a page from Opera if that's the case.
    But let me put it like this, to get some flash goodness on my BB, I'd delete half my apps to make room for Skyfire.
    C'mon. Let's make a petition!!!
    WCM
    12-18-08 08:07 PM
    To offer an incentive, I am writing a petition, and will be talking with one of my good friends (a lawyer) to get it worded nicely, but basically it will come down to - everyone who signs this petition would agree to pay .99 cents for SkyFire. This may not seem like much, but if developed for the Storm, Curve, and Bold, I think we could potentially get quite a few people interested. Advertising. That would be a nice incentive to the folks at SkyFire, seeing as how they don't make any money off of their product currently.

What do you think?
    12-18-08 08:30 PM
    heck yes it would be worth $1.
    12-18-08 08:46 PM
    Hey ainvar.
    Question. You couldn't just shut it down to not stay on in the back? They could prob borrow a page from Opera if that's the case.
    But let me put it like this, to get some flash goodness on my BB, I'd delete half my apps to make room for Skyfire.
    C'mon. Let's make a petition!!!
    WCM
    Yes I could close it down that was not an issue. I was using it to pull some live pages at the time. It just killed the phone resources and the battery. I would imagine you would make it bit more friendly to the two even in a beta time since you know this is what was going to be a major clinch on these devices.
    12-18-08 09:06 PM
    I think we should do the same thing for Dashwire. I know they are supposedly developing it right now, but let's get that puppy rolling if they aren't really working on it. I loved skyfire when I had a WinMo phone.
    12-18-08 09:10 PM
    Okay.. will be getting to work on that petition. Expect it soon, spread the word.
    12-18-08 09:13 PM
    i posted on the forums for skyfire and they said its #1 on their priority list and expect to see something in january....this was around the sametime it came out in beta for winmo devices last year
    12-18-08 09:42 PM
    I love skyfire I gave my wife my old samsung i760 and I have to borrow it back sometimes to view flash web pages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 10:11 PM
    one user suggested we all agree to offer $1 for use of SkyFire, well ****, i'd be willing to pay a one time fee of $20-30 for the goodness that is skyfire!
    02-06-09 01:10 AM
    one user suggested we all agree to offer $1 for use of SkyFire, well ****, i'd be willing to pay a one time fee of $20-30 for the goodness that is skyfire!
    same here, it revolutionizes what you can do on a phone. And the blackberry is on the top of our list thing seems more and more to just be a talking point. We should start pushing hard for it. Maybe this can act as a petition, send them this link, or start a thread stated, sign skyfire petition and try to get the thousands of users to reply on it like the storm has done for so many posts! Maybe I'm just being selfish, but I also need to request STORM support or even exclusive for all I care. I can just see it now when like so many themes and programs, it becomes available for all non-touchscreen blackberries!

I would probably pay up to $50 one time fee for the functions that skyfire allows, but $20-30 seems like a good number. If you haven't checked some of the demos out, do it. Full hulu and everything.
    02-06-09 01:32 AM
    It was an alright app when I used it on my winmo device during one of their earlier betas. It did not make me feel all warm and fuzzy though.
    It's a web browser, not a bowl of chicken soup
    02-06-09 08:08 AM
    Get it done already.
    02-06-09 08:50 AM
    Well I'm happy with what I have no need to take up more space.

02-06-09 09:04 AM
    I'd much rather have a Java port of Webkit than Yet-Another-Proxy-Based-Browser-Client.

02-06-09 09:19 AM
    It's a web browser, not a bowl of chicken soup
    LMAO!

10 characters
    02-06-09 09:51 AM
    We do need this more than ever. All the guys at work are showing off on their saga and omnia
    04-01-09 06:56 PM
    I've emailed twice about it. Can't wait to have skyfire.

04-01-09 08:00 PM
    Okay. I have a friend who has access to the forums. There are some people who are posting for it, and they are saying that it's on the roadmap, but no specific date.

If more people requested this, perhaps it would move them along? But what I do know is that on the Skyfire site, there is a posting looking for a Blackberry developer, and also they keep mentioning the blackberry a lot.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I am really waiting for this browser. And the thing is it could be done, because all the flash is done on the server side. And Blackberry is much stronger than winmo, from what i've been hearing.

If we keep this thread up, maybe have more people respond, maybe I can have my friend post all the various posts asking for this browser and they'll see there is a real want for Skyfire on the BB and they'll try and move a bit faster

What do you guys think?

WCM
    04-01-09 09:19 PM
    Also, if you guys don't mind me asking, what made you guys post all of a sudden? Did any of you hear anything?

I've been checking the site every day, and googling it every day.

WCM
    04-01-09 09:20 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD