Since no one was answering in another thread...I am copying it over here to see if someone can shed some insight...

I am a new storm owner and this forum has been great to read through.

One thing though I cannot figure out is why certain applications need certain permissions. My question is...why do some apps request that some of these be set to allow when they have nothing to do with the app. For instance, I installed QuickPull on my phone, and set the permissions to what I thought it would need ..access to the device to reset...but it kept trying to change them allow for all user data info. I don't get that? Am I missing something here? I ask due to the fact that I get work emails on my phone and want to make sure none of my information is flying out due to 3rd party apps and permission settings. Thanks in advance for your answers. ~dd

I have compiled what they are all for here:

Connection permissions for third-party applications

USB:
    Set whether third-party applications can use physical connections, such as a USB cable or RS-232 cable, that you have set up for your BlackBerry� device.

Bluetooth:
    Set whether third-party applications can use Bluetooth� connections.

Phone:
    Set whether third-party applications can make calls or access call logs.

Location Data:
    Set whether third-party applications can use your GPS location information.

Server Network:
    Set whether third-party applications can access the Internet or your organization's intranet using your organization's network.

Internet:
    Set whether third-party applications can access the Internet through your wireless service provider (for example, using a direct Internet connection or a WAP gateway).

Wi-Fi:
    Set whether third-party applications can use Wi-Fi� connections.

Interaction permissions for third-party applications

Cross Application Communication:
    Specify whether third-party applications can communicate and share data with other applications on your BlackBerry� device.

Device Settings:
    Specify whether third-party applications can turn on or turn off your device or change device options, such as display options.

Media:
    Specify whether third-party applications can access media files on your device.

Application Management:
    Specify whether third-party applications can add or delete application modules or access module information such as an application name or version.

Themes:
    Specify whether your device can use third-party applications as a source for customized themes.

Input Simulation:
    Specify whether third-party applications can simulate actions, such as pressing a key on your device.

Browser Filtering:
    Specify whether third-party applications can register browser filters with the browser on your device to add, change, or delete web site content before it appears in your browser.

Screen Capturing:
    Specify whether third-party applications can take screen shots of the device screen.

Security Timer Reset:
    Specify whether third-party applications can reset the duration that your device remains unlocked after you stop using it.

Data permissions for third-party applications

Email:
    Set whether third-party applications can access email messages, SMS text messages, MMS messages, or PIN messages on your BlackBerry� device.

Organizer Data:
    Set whether third-party applications can access organizer data such as contacts, calendar entries, tasks, or memos.

Files:
    Set whether third-party applications can access files that you store on your device. For example, you can set whether third-party applications can access files that you transfer to your device using the media manager tool of the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager or Bluetooth� technology.

Security Data:
    Set whether third-party applications can access certificates or keys in the key store on your device.

Cheers,

dd
    Last edited by daredevilsadvocate; 03-03-09 at 03:12 PM. Reason: updated
    03-03-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD