One thing that I miss dearly from my life before a BB is the periodic beep whenever I had missed a call, or have an SMS waiting for me. The Blackberry beeps once on such events, and never again. The only notification is the LED that keeps blinking.

If the BB is in my pocket and I missed the first beep, I'll never check it.

Does anyone know any way or any app that can make it beep every so often?
    Otherwise, I'll just have to pump up my addiction and check the unit even more often.
    02-26-09 04:17 PM
    that would rock
    02-26-09 04:29 PM
    this would be a big help when i get texts and calls when im sleeping i found that when i would always miss the call/text but hear the beep a minute afterwards lol
    02-26-09 04:37 PM
    It is something so basic that it is hard to believe that RIM forgot to include it in the device. Maybe it will be available on release .199?
    02-26-09 04:46 PM
    there's an app called Blackberry Alerts. It runs in the background & you can set it to ring, vibrate, etc for each different type of message based on missed call, email, text, voice mail. I've had my storm about 3 weeks now & love it! There was another app i found that you could set up missed alerts down to a keyword in a message if you wanted to but it was like 35 & wasn't worth it to me!
    02-26-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD