I just need a rant about my Storm, and some feedback. As this is my first BB, I'm annoyed that I've had so many niggling issues with this phone. I love it, but it's driving me crazy! Firstly, the lock/unlock software has failed, I've had to download an autolock app for it, and even that only works if I'm actually in a program, because it operates on a backlight cue. Facebook notifications no longer come through either - at all!! Also, the ringtones/sounds that came ready installed no longer work either, only the ones I have put on do. Additionally, the red light that flashes when you have a text/email/missed call etc, is flashing manically at me for no reason, the battery is full (even though that's a green flash) also. I don't know what to do with this thing, I e-mailed BB themselves, they failed to be the slightest bit helpful! Has anyone else had a catalog of events that might result them tossing this handset down the toilet and hoping it ends up in the sewer networks? ADVICE WELCOME, before meltdown is complete!!
    06-18-09 07:48 AM
    rants go here btw

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/

i also have no problems like you stated....
    06-18-09 07:51 AM
    I just need a rant about my Storm, and some feedback. As this is my first BB, I'm annoyed that I've had so many niggling issues with this phone. I love it, but it's driving me crazy! Firstly, the lock/unlock software has failed, I've had to download an autolock app for it, and even that only works if I'm actually in a program, because it operates on a backlight cue. Facebook notifications no longer come through either - at all!! Also, the ringtones/sounds that came ready installed no longer work either, only the ones I have put on do. Additionally, the red light that flashes when you have a text/email/missed call etc, is flashing manically at me for no reason, the battery is full (even though that's a green flash) also. I don't know what to do with this thing, I e-mailed BB themselves, they failed to be the slightest bit helpful! Has anyone else had a catalog of events that might result them tossing this handset down the toilet and hoping it ends up in the sewer networks? ADVICE WELCOME, before meltdown is complete!!
    let me see if we can resolve some of your issues. First what os do you have on your storm? Did you use a shrink an os program? Have you tried changing your profiles and maybe even your os?
    06-18-09 08:02 AM
    it says v4.7.0.141 (platform 4.0.0.174) whatever that means. ill stop you right there with the shrink - i don't know any of this stuff! as for the profiles - the bb sounds and ringtones just dont work, period.
    06-18-09 08:06 AM
    Upgrade your OS and try again

.148 is official and has been out for a few weeks now
    06-18-09 08:13 AM
    how do i do this?
    06-18-09 08:14 AM
    06-18-09 08:16 AM
    Who is your carrier? it says O2 in you info..thats not vodafone is it?
    06-18-09 08:22 AM
    how do i do this?
    do not load .148 the radio file doesnt play nice with the 9500 from what i have heard. Where did you get the os you have on the device?
    06-18-09 08:23 AM
    Since you have a 9500 download and install the .151 leak. Best OS for the storm by far.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...55/index4.html
    06-18-09 08:23 AM
    no im with o2. here's the story, my parents upgraded their accounts with vodafone, i got one of the phones, unlocked it to put my o2 sim in - this is why i can't go to vodafone with the issue. im going to try this os link lowfire gave me.
    06-18-09 08:24 AM
    [retracted due to the fact that misread the post]
    Since you have a 9500 download and install the .151 leak. Best OS for the storm by far.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...55/index4.html
    lest back off the update your os thing for a second, this guy seems fairly new I think that is the last thing he needs to do in his first 20 min online.
    this is all very confusing!
    06-18-09 08:25 AM
    this is all very confusing!
    check your pm's
    06-18-09 08:29 AM
    do not load .148 the radio file doesnt play nice with the 9500 from what i have heard. Where did you get the os you have on the device?
    I think I upgraded it via owner's lounge?!
    06-18-09 08:29 AM
    Have you done a battery pull lately?

Also how many app do you have running?
    06-18-09 08:31 AM
    Have you done a battery pull lately?

Also how many app do you have running?
    I did a battery pull before, that rectified the red flashing light, but that's all. I've done a few battery pulls since these issues occurred. the red flashing light just started today, the unlock/lock software not working, has been occurring for a month or so i'd say, facebook notifications were the first thing to go - checked on the website to make sure the box was checked to receive them - it was and still is. made sure my e-mail address was verified with o2mail and it is. so the basics are covered.

app wise i am running - ubertwitter (most recent download), facebook and the autolock. recently had buzzme (deleted that).
    06-18-09 08:37 AM
    I did a battery pull before, that rectified the red flashing light, but that's all. I've done a few battery pulls since these issues occurred. the red flashing light just started today, the unlock/lock software not working, has been occurring for a month or so i'd say, facebook notifications were the first thing to go - checked on the website to make sure the box was checked to receive them - it was and still is. made sure my e-mail address was verified with o2mail and it is. so the basics are covered.

app wise i am running - ubertwitter (most recent download), facebook and the autolock. recently had buzzme (deleted that).
    did you get my pm? I have a few Ideas of how to help you.
    06-18-09 08:45 AM
    did you get my pm? I have a few Ideas of how to help you.
    check the place you pm'd me about.
    06-18-09 08:49 AM
    First off, with .141 it is a known bug about the lockunlock feature

Upgrade to an official OS, it is a Vodafone phone, it will take the official Vodafone OS
    06-18-09 09:00 AM
    First off, with .141 it is a known bug about the lockunlock feature

Upgrade to an official OS, it is a Vodafone phone, it will take the official Vodafone OS
    i'd be happy if that worked out of everything else!
    06-18-09 09:03 AM
    Follow the link I posted before to download your new OS

Now follow these instructions to load it up to your phone: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    06-18-09 09:10 AM
    sorry to hear of your troubles, but you have come to the right place!

just hang around a bunch of threads here and learn everything you can.

It's not all that difficult to keep your storm running clean once you know the ins and outs of the device a little better. Lots of useful info posted around
    06-18-09 09:14 AM
    there's some thoughts of FB app messing with phones, too. Not me personally, but i just read about a few people having problems with it. Hang in there. This was my first BB also. I wanted to kill it when i bought it, but several (hundred) battery pulls, and leaked OS upgrades later, i'm pretty much in love with my phone.

BTW, themes can bog down the phone.....

good luck.
    --J
    06-18-09 09:15 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD