I wish I could get the new upgrade...I have had the Storm for 2 months now and never changed my OS to a hybrid. I was patiently waiting for the official release. So here I am: I haven't gotten an e-mail from Verizon, I went to DM and checked for upgrades...it told me no upgrades available for this device. I used the AppLoader and not upgrades there either. I will try to be patient. Am I doing something wrong. I have DM 4.7, by device software is 4.7.075, platform 4.0.0.94. Help, I would like to be a happy camper like the rest of you out there.
    05-31-09 05:31 PM
    Stormy i believe you have to go to the blackberry web page to get it at the moment and get it that way
    05-31-09 05:36 PM
    Hey there, dont know if you were helped. But, if you need help still there is some great help under NOOB guide to upgrading or downgrading OS, it covers issue's like these. I am not a pro or, i'd gladly help you. good luck.

My internet browser isn't on my phone any more, after the upgrade....I need help
    05-31-09 05:37 PM
    thank you...
    05-31-09 05:39 PM
    Thanks, TenshiBB. I will have to try to find an alternate route, cuz I use my Storm as the internet modem for my computer. No go, for me, until the OTA tonight I suppose.
    05-31-09 05:41 PM
    Re-check your DM, I just did my upgrade via the DM about 15-20 mins ago. Also, make sure your phone is plugged in via USB cable. It was a very simple and user friendly process. I made sure this morning I did a data backup in preparation for this download. I also have it set to automatically back up, too. I dont know if it's why I haven't had any data loses like others are reporting on here. Goodluck.

I wish I could get the new upgrade...I have had the Storm for 2 months now and never changed my OS to a hybrid. I was patiently waiting for the official release. So here I am: I haven't gotten an e-mail from Verizon, I went to DM and checked for upgrades...it told me no upgrades available for this device. I used the AppLoader and not upgrades there either. I will try to be patient. Am I doing something wrong. I have DM 4.7, by device software is 4.7.075, platform 4.0.0.94. Help, I would like to be a happy camper like the rest of you out there.
    05-31-09 05:43 PM
    Thanks, TenshiBB. I will have to try to find an alternate route, cuz I use my Storm as the internet modem for my computer. No go, for me, until the OTA tonight I suppose.
    OTA upgrade is available now. Go in to anvanced settings and click on upgrade. Mine is almost complete.

Good Luck
    05-31-09 05:46 PM
    Is the Phone Icon new? Lol. I didn't have it listed in my previous version.
    05-31-09 05:46 PM
    Re-check your DM, I just did my upgrade via the DM about 15-20 mins ago. Also, make sure your phone is plugged in via USB cable. It was a very simple and user friendly process. I made sure this morning I did a data backup in preparation for this download. I also have it set to automatically back up, too. I dont know if it's why I haven't had any data loses like others are reporting on here. Goodluck.
    Thanks headshrink...just checked for updates on the DM, no go. My Phone is plugged in via USB. I have already done my back up to. I will be patient.
    05-31-09 05:53 PM
    One thing I noticed was; the default wallpaper that is used with Win os 7 (BlackBerry logo) was missing and the infamous lightning bolt is the new background.

Other than that so far so good!
    05-31-09 05:54 PM
    Are you on the East Coast, USA?

OTA upgrade is available now. Go in to anvanced settings and click on upgrade. Mine is almost complete.

Good Luck
    05-31-09 05:54 PM
    .148 Does not display Home Page Image. I've reset and tried 4 different pics. No luck.. Just a Black Background. This Sucks!
    Mine displays the image, but full size.

With the previous OS it seemed to resize images on its own so they fit perfectly. Why does it no longer do this?
    05-31-09 06:02 PM
    Downloaded through DM about 3:30 today. Biggest thing is everything seems to be running faster, snappier. The camera has improved 100%. App switching is great. Browser seems about the same as .75 maybe a little faster but i haven't got much time with it yet. I did have to do a battery pull after install because my acelerometer was stuck in landscape. Good to go now.
    05-31-09 06:07 PM
    Sorry, to hear you haven't successfully located the update,yet.

Thanks headshrink...just checked for updates on the DM, no go. My Phone is plugged in via USB. I have already done my back up to. I will be patient.
    05-31-09 06:09 PM
    One Huge gripe for me has been fixed thats noticeable. Is you know longer have to fixate and, make sure you line your finger perfectly to hit the correct letter selection when typing. It use to irk me how many time i'd have to hit the ****delete button and re-type. I also see how it now hoovers and high lights what changes you want to make. I remember reading about this cool feature in the leaked versions.
    05-31-09 06:14 PM
    When I first updated, the red Verizon theme was there, but when I restored my apps and info, it was gone. I also couldn't synchronize my calendar - address book was fine, and my Internet access was gone. A battery pull and *228 option 2 took care of everything but the missing Verizon theme. Very weird.
    05-31-09 06:18 PM
    .148 Does not display Home Page Image. I've reset and tried 4 different pics. No luck.. Just a Black Background. This Sucks!
    I think it's a isolated issue...
    05-31-09 06:26 PM
    The new upgrade works so smoothly and quickly.
    After the update, I lost all of my e-mail, and all data sources, but I had them backed up and the Application loader helped me to reinstall them...

Now, I changed my wallpaper to a picture I took of my daughter.
    I decided to just go back to the default 'red V', but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
    Of course I go to the screen>options>change wallpaper

But, I cannot find a way to get the default back. There's no option for it.
    I did a battery pull, just in case that was the culprit, but it's still not an option.
    Anyone know why the default wallpaper is gone? Strange.
    Open your media file, pictures, and when in the pictures list screen, open the BB menu,and select reset homescreen image.
    05-31-09 06:32 PM
    okay i lost all my 3rd party apps, am i the only one...and even with a restore of my backup files i still don't have them.
    05-31-09 06:34 PM
    Seems like that problem from the leaked versions is in the new official one too.
    05-31-09 06:34 PM
    just did my upgrade from .75 to .148 through BBM.

phone is much more stable now... started up with 45MB of memory! and its holding strong so far.
    im loving the portrait keyboard (even though i know many dont like it)

im lovin it.

only problems that occured were:
    - Landscape wallpaper appear to be stretched instead of fit to screen.
    - Twitterberry 9.0 beta doesn't work :/
    05-31-09 06:36 PM
    At first glance, the camera is very much improved, and the phone just seems faster now. No typing lag, and I didn't have any of the install problems that some people have experienced.

Well worth the upgrade.
    05-31-09 06:41 PM
    You have to use Internet Explorer to access and download .148 from the Blackberry site. Also, must chose Other Smartphone Users - not BES.

BlackBerry - Storm Updates – BlackBerry Storm Software Upgrade

Hope this helps
    05-31-09 06:49 PM
    okay i lost all my 3rd party apps, am i the only one...and even with a restore of my backup files i still don't have them.
    Unfortuatly you have lost you 3rd party apps, the dm does not back - up third party apps very well. If you have paid apps you usually can go back to your vendor and have it reload to your storm.

Next time just use this sticky it will help you a lot and save you a lot of hassles.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    05-31-09 06:52 PM
    Seems like that problem from the leaked versions is in the new official one too.
    The screen lock work, have you pulled the battery?
    05-31-09 06:53 PM
191 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD