Hello everyone.. so for all of those that never went to a leaked version and just installed .148.. what do you notice that different.... Do you think Verizons list is correct... did they really fix all of those problems...
    Last edited by firefighterk; 11-06-09 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spell checked it :)
    05-31-09 03:11 PM
    Hello everyone.. so for all of those that never went to a leaked version and just installed .148.. what do you notice that different.... Do you this Verizons list is correct... do they really fix all of those problems...
    Leaked .148 is no different than "official" .148.

There are a bunch of improvements from .75 to .148 and well worth the upgrade.
    05-31-09 03:18 PM
    I think he knows that there is no difference between leaked and official...I think this is for those of us who waited to post what we found and like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 03:50 PM
    .148 Does not display Home Page Image. I've reset and tried 4 different pics. No luck.. Just a Black Background. This Sucks!
    05-31-09 03:54 PM
    .148 Does not display Home Page Image. I've reset and tried 4 different pics. No luck.. Just a Black Background. This Sucks!
    Whaaaa????
    05-31-09 03:55 PM
    Silly question. Did you do a battery pull after the upgrade? And i'm assuming you're not using any custom themes?

05-31-09 03:59 PM
    Mine did that also while plugged into computer but only because media card files are not accessable while plugged into computer. Once I unplugged it it was fine.
    05-31-09 04:12 PM
    Just downloaded the new os and the phone seems fine. However the process is stuck on step 9, waiting for initialization. Any ideas??
    05-31-09 04:16 PM
    Wait for it.
    05-31-09 04:20 PM
    Just downloaded the new os and the phone seems fine. However the process is stuck on step 9, waiting for initialization. Any ideas??
    wait and do not pull the usb from you storm or you will have a bricked storm
    05-31-09 04:40 PM
    Download process takes time. I did a battery pull right after because phone wasn't showing a signal. I think the phone just seems faster and smoother now. I really like the full keyboard in portrait.
    05-31-09 04:40 PM
    I bet people that were still on .75 because they were waiting for and "official" version (even though the leaks are the same) are blown away with what they have been missing. I know that .75 worked well for some people, but seriously, the difference between the two is substantial!!

Now lets all start. When is Verizon going to come out with another official upgrade. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. lol
    05-31-09 04:44 PM
    It seems as though it is searching for the phone but cannot find it. It has been through the process once and started over a second time. Searching for about 1 1/2 hrs.
    05-31-09 04:51 PM
    Leaked .148 is no different than "official" .148.

There are a bunch of improvements from .75 to .148 and well worth the upgrade.
    i know there is no difference.. as i just wrote that because just like me i didnt download a leaked version or due to me having a mac and wanted to know some big changes that are about to happen on my phone once the ota comes out.
    05-31-09 04:52 PM
    The new upgrade works so smoothly and quickly.
    After the update, I lost all of my e-mail, and all data sources, but I had them backed up and the Application loader helped me to reinstall them...

Now, I changed my wallpaper to a picture I took of my daughter.
    I decided to just go back to the default 'red V', but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
    Of course I go to the screen>options>change wallpaper

But, I cannot find a way to get the default back. There's no option for it.
    I did a battery pull, just in case that was the culprit, but it's still not an option.
    Anyone know why the default wallpaper is gone? Strange.
    05-31-09 04:59 PM
    Not that it's a difficult issue to fix, but did anyone else notice their time being wrong after the upgrade?
    05-31-09 05:09 PM
    I want to know one thing, and it happens to be my number 1 complaint with the phone, it can't highlight. For anyone who says it can (effectively) I challenge you to try to get my phone to highlight. My first storm could barely, the 2nd and 3rd don't anywhere it is needed... did that new highlighting feature they were advertising make it into this build?
    05-31-09 05:09 PM
    I want to know one thing, and it happens to be my number 1 complaint with the phone, it can't highlight. For anyone who says it can (effectively) I challenge you to try to get my phone to highlight. My first storm could barely, the 2nd and 3rd don't anywhere it is needed... did that new highlighting feature they were advertising make it into this build?
    What are you trying to hilight and where? In a web page, an e-mail or SMS?

And yes the new highlighter/copy and paste functionality has been in all builds since 112 (which we never saw, but we got it in 113).
    05-31-09 05:13 PM
    Hello everyone.. so for all of those that never went to a leaked version and just installed .148.. what do you notice that different.... Do you this Verizons list is correct... do they really fix all of those problems...
    My browser is much faster and my camera is also faster. I absolutely love my Storm. This phone and BlackBerry are the best.

05-31-09 05:15 PM
    What are you trying to hilight and where? In a web page, an e-mail or SMS?

And yes the new highlighter/copy and paste functionality has been in all builds since 112 (which we never saw, but we got it in 113).
    Awesome!

..And my major issue is highlighting text in various web documents.
    05-31-09 05:21 PM
    My internet browser isn't on my phone any more, after the upgrade....I need help
    05-31-09 05:23 PM
    The new upgrade works so smoothly and quickly.
    After the update, I lost all of my e-mail, and all data sources, but I had them backed up and the Application loader helped me to reinstall them...

Now, I changed my wallpaper to a picture I took of my daughter.
    I decided to just go back to the default 'red V', but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
    Of course I go to the screen>options>change wallpaper

But, I cannot find a way to get the default back. There's no option for it.
    I did a battery pull, just in case that was the culprit, but it's still not an option.
    Anyone know why the default wallpaper is gone? Strange.
    Found it myself. The way it used to be done doesn't work any more, apparently. So, I went to Options>Theme>BB menu button>Reset Theme defaults... if anyone cares or finds themselves looking for the default 'red V'.
    05-31-09 05:23 PM
    I stuck stubbornly to .75 and upgraded today. .75 worked very well on my phone, but i do notice the following improvements (I am not counting the new full keyboard in portrait, new text highlighting feature, etc):

* More responsive and quicker overall (portrait to lanscape, buttons, etc).
    *Camera much better
    *Video camera no longer freezes.
    * 40 mb of memory to start, compared to 31-32 before.

I do NOT notice color banding.

Overall, this is a definite improvement, but not revolutionary. Then again, I was happy with .75. I consider this an incremental upgrade.
    05-31-09 05:28 PM
    The only difference I see is when the screen is locked.....when you push the screen it remains black. I like .148 much better...
    05-31-09 05:30 PM
    I have not played with my phone but, the features that stand out thus far 1. Full Keyboard, 2. FAST BROWSER, which is very nice. I tested the browser with loading up Crackberrys Wap page. The experience is nite & day. Plus, the page displayed actually fit the damn screen for a change. I know these changes mean nothing to the Crackberry addicts that took the plunge with the leaked version. But, the rest who like me waited it's a pleasant treat.
    05-31-09 05:31 PM
191 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD