I understand that this is a huge forum, and we're all here to help eachother, but PLEASE, if you don't know the answer to something, or are unsure about your answer, PLEASE don't post. I've been going into alot of threads and even the most simple question is sometimes being given the wrong answer. I'm not saying that everyone who is giving wrong answers or advice is doing it purposefully, but giving somebody a wrong answer to a question in a thread isn't helping anyone.
    02-21-09 12:02 PM
    Good point but most likely, those people have no idea its the wrong anwwer. I've learned to grin and bear it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 12:06 PM
    Good point but most likely, those people have no idea its the wrong anwwer. I've learned to grin and bear it

Precisely. Unless they're a complete jackass, no one intentionally gives a wrong answer.
    02-21-09 12:08 PM
    who died and left you boss
    Another example of a completely useless post, no need for it.

I totally agree, anyone providing advice/feedback should be completely sure of their statements.
    02-21-09 12:10 PM
    Okay, here's the deal, I made this thread after reading two threads. One was a thread where a poster was told he could download OTA apps from his computer (which maybe he can, but wouldn't it just be easier to have told him to do it from his phones browser, which I did), and another thread where someone asked if he could bookmark a browser page and someone simply replied by saying "nope". I mean come on. Saying "nope" to a simple question like "can I bookmark a page on my browser"...sorry, but stuff like that irks me. If this thread is useless, don't click on it.
    02-21-09 12:17 PM
    well you can download ota to your computer then copy them to your sd go to file explorer and install them lot easier than trying to see all the little print on the phone
    Last edited by dumbdumbtwo; 02-21-09 at 12:21 PM.
    02-21-09 12:19 PM
    Okay, here's the deal, I made this thread after reading two threads. One was a thread where a poster was told he could download OTA apps from his computer (which maybe he can, but wouldn't it just be easier to have told him to do it from his phones browser, which I did), and another thread where someone asked if he could bookmark a browser page and someone simply replied by saying "nope". I mean come on. Saying "nope" to a simple question like "can I bookmark a page on my browser"...sorry, but stuff like that irks me. If this thread is useless, don't click on it.
    Except you can download the .jad files and transfer them to your sd card and run them from there
    02-21-09 12:22 PM
    Except you can download the .jad files and transfer them to your sd card and run them from there
    look for a program called otaloader it will download the jad and all the cod to your computer then you don't have to look all over internet for them when you want them
    02-21-09 12:26 PM
    like I said in that post "which maybe he can, but wouldn't it just be easier to have told him to do it from his phones browser".

I'm not saying I'm some blackberry guru. Crap, I get most of my info from this website. i'd be lost without it.
    02-21-09 12:26 PM
    I agree, I've seen many of the questions I asked before, are being re-posted like nearly every day...
    02-21-09 12:27 PM
    I'll be the one to admit that one of the 2 threads you mentioned was answered by me. But unless I am mistaken, you misread my post. I did in fact say to visit the link (.jad) on his storm to download the app.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/have-no-clue-165779/

Am I crazy?
    02-21-09 12:28 PM
    People click on the thread because of the title. We think you need help with something

02-21-09 12:34 PM
    I believe some of you need to re-read Kevin's New Year Resolution Please keep your posts on topic. Thanks.
    02-21-09 12:50 PM
    I will also come forward and admit that I have answered a question wrong before. One of the earlier posters was right... Who would do something so stupid on purpose?

CB is a place where BB users help other BB users. With the number of posts that come through here on a daily basis, there is bound to be a wrong answer here and there.

So my question is this -
    Since some of the issues people have with thier BB's can only be solved by the process of elimination, does this mean no one should help the OP since the first few answers may not solve the problem?

We can all just ignore the people that come here for help if their problem is not clear enough to PROMISE a quick and 100 percent fix with the first answer.

I am by far not a BB professional, but I like to try and help when and where I can. I do not give advice to anyone on here that would wipe/mess up their device because I do not know everything. I also tell them when I am not 100 percent sure of the needed fix.

Why is it necessary for people to whine incessantly about things that could not possibly keep them up at night? I don't know why... But I do know that if it does keep you up, then I can not help you because I don't know how to fix it. Is that better?

02-21-09 12:53 PM
    You bring up a good point but like others have said I don't think anyone is intentionaly giving the wrong answer. Any answer given should always be taken with a grain of salt. If it pans out great but most times it is a simply misread by the person giving the answer. For example the post you mention where the person gave a "nope" reply. That was the correct answer, the person could have elaborated more, but the OP was not asking for a bookmark. a simple misread.

As long as people are trying to help and not being rude I will never fault them for it. right or wrong answer.
    02-21-09 01:02 PM
    Anyway.....Dayz, I get what you mean. More times that not, questions are answered in a ridiculous fashion and promote nothing towards helping the one needing help.

To say "Nope" is fine- but why just stop there? It would be so easy to further explain either 1) why not & 2) the alternative.

As far as the comment that people dont give the wrong answer on purpose- this is my opinion- some people, even Mods, just HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING! It would be way to easy to not answer & just move on.

Case in point- Look at what the mod posted here. Now forgive me if I just that clueless, but what did jumping in to post a link have to do with the topic of this thread? Thats just the point I am making- some people feel that they just have to say something whether it helps or not!
    02-21-09 01:02 PM
    I understand that this is a huge forum, and we're all here to help eachother, but PLEASE, if you don't know the answer to something, or are unsure about your answer, PLEASE don't post. I've been going into alot of threads and even the most simple question is sometimes being given the wrong answer. I'm not saying that everyone who is giving wrong answers or advice is doing it purposefully, but giving somebody a wrong answer to a question in a thread isn't helping anyone.
    Well, thank goodness you are here to help those who are being maliciously led down the shining path by those evil wrong answerers! salvation is at hand.
    02-21-09 01:06 PM
    I will also come forward and admit that I have answered a question wrong before. One of the earlier posters was right... Who would do something so stupid on purpose?

CB is a place where BB users help other BB users. With the number of posts that come through here on a daily basis, there is bound to be a wrong answer here and there.

So my question is this -
    Since some of the issues people have with thier BB's can only be solved by the process of elimination, does this mean no one should help the OP since the first few answers may not solve the problem?

We can all just ignore the people that come here for help if their problem is not clear enough to PROMISE a quick and 100 percent fix with the first answer.

I am by far not a BB professional, but I like to try and help when and where I can. I do not give advice to anyone on here that would wipe/mess up their device because I do not know everything. I also tell them when I am not 100 percent sure of the needed fix.

Why is it necessary for people to whine incessantly about things that could not possibly keep them up at night? I don't know why... But I do know that if it does keep you up, then I can not help you because I don't know how to fix it. Is that better?

Kang, CB is supposed to be a place in which members help members & for a while now, the help has been down right mean. We all dont have the same knowledge base & when someone needs help, I will do my best to answer to the best of my ability or point them in the direction of someone who can help.

Part of the problem has been that some members feel themselves just a little too much & it would behoove them to think they can be mistaken.
    Others treat a question like it was the most lunatic thing that could be asked & then there are some who act as if they were born with a BlackBerry popping out their behind. Others forget that they were once newbies so when they see the same question asked multiple times, they tend to get beside themselves.

I truly believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question & the person asking it should be treated as though they were too stupid for not knowing the answer themselves.
    02-21-09 01:13 PM
    Well, thank goodness you are here to help those who are being maliciously led down the shining path by those evil wrong answerers! salvation is at hand.
    He didnt say it was malicious.
    02-21-09 01:21 PM
    I seriously want to know how to do this. I did a search, but didn't k ow what to search for. If you could shed light on this, I would be forever greatful!
    02-21-09 01:33 PM
    I think by and large this forum offers great help to many people, myself included. I would have thrown my Storm out the window if I hadn't gotten help here. Yes, there are occasional hiccups! IMO, if u don't like touch screen devices, stay away from them, and stop whining!!!
    02-21-09 01:34 PM

Kang, CB is supposed to be a place in which members help members & for a while now, the help has been down right mean. We all dont have the same knowledge base & when someone needs help, I will do my best to answer to the best of my ability or point them in the direction of someone who can help.

Part of the problem has been that some members feel themselves just a little too much & it would behoove them to think they can be mistaken.
    Others treat a question like it was the most lunatic thing that could be asked & then there are some who act as if they were born with a BlackBerry popping out their behind. Others forget that they were once newbies so when they see the same question asked multiple times, they tend to get beside themselves.

I truly believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question & the person asking it should be treated as though they were too stupid for not knowing the answer themselves.
    You and I are on the same page ScandaLeX. There are a few rude people on here, but the good far outweigh the bad. It is just irritating when people fuss/whine about the people who do really want to help, but are not as good as a VP at RIM. The advice given here is free. People can't bit*h about free.

02-21-09 01:35 PM
    I think by and large this forum offers great help to many people, myself included. I would have thrown my Storm out the window if I hadn't gotten help here.
    Same here. This forum has saved me many times with issues I've had with my Storm, and I'm not bashing the forum, just the few members on it who are here just because.
    02-21-09 01:38 PM
    I can't ***** about free?? So if I go to McDonalds on a day they're giving away big macs, and I get severe food posining and wind up in the hospital cause of the Big mac, I can't complain cause it was free?? Just because something is free doesn't mean it should be done half assed.
    02-21-09 01:40 PM
    You and I are on the same page ScandaLeX. There are a few rude people on here, but the good far outweigh the bad. It is just irritating when people fuss/whine about the people who do really want to help, but are not as good as a VP at RIM. The advice given here is free. People can't bit*h about free.

Your right- the good does outweigh bad. But imagine, if you will, you post a question & now you're anxiously waiting for a reply. The replies start rolling in & the 1st 7 of them are insulting to the OP or their question. Who wants to keep coming back for that? By the time you get to the 8th response, it is from someone that actually took the time to help instead of treating you like a fool.

Same here. This forum has saved me many times with issues I've had with my Storm, and I'm not bashing the forum, just the few members on it who are here just because.
    I'm with you there. I started hanging around CrackBerry before having a BlackBerry. There was so much that I had learned beforehand that by the time I got my Pearl, I felt like I had been using a BB all my life. 3 months later, I got a Curve & even then, I knew a lot about it.

CrackBerry has provided me with so much knowledge; it is the reason why I have no problem sharing that knowledge with others.
    02-21-09 01:47 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD