Does anyone else have the problem of people complaining it's hard to hear you with the Storm? I've never had this complaint with any other phone, and people have now mentioned it a significant number of times for me to see if it was a known problem...
    05-23-09 01:21 PM
    me too on occasions. they tell me they cant hear me and here i am pointing the mic in my mouth. frustrating if you ask me. any one have any solutions?
    05-23-09 01:28 PM
    If you want to hear the quality of your voice over the phone, call voicemail and redo your greeting and then listen to it. It will give you an idea of the quality of your phone. I know my phone sounds somewhat muffled and got a bluetooth headset. The problem with the sound quality has to do with the automatic noise cancellation. The sound quality will be better if you are actually in a noisy place. When in a quiet room the cancellation actually thinks your voice is background noise and tries to cancel it out. When using a bluetooth device the cancellation software is turned off, and the sound quality is much better.
    05-23-09 02:43 PM
    If you want to hear the quality of your voice over the phone, call voicemail and redo your greeting and then listen to it. It will give you an idea of the quality of your phone. I know my phone sounds somewhat muffled and got a bluetooth headset. The problem with the sound quality has to do with the automatic noise cancellation. The sound quality will be better if you are actually in a noisy place. When in a quiet room the cancellation actually thinks your voice is background noise and tries to cancel it out. When using a bluetooth device the cancellation software is turned off, and the sound quality is much better.
    I agree. I use a bluetooth headset almost exclusively.
    05-23-09 02:50 PM
    I agree. I use a bluetooth headset almost exclusively.
    Me too. No more complaints.
    05-23-09 03:42 PM
    Thank you for this info. Will use my b/t headset from now on!!!
    05-23-09 04:15 PM
    Yes, this is a known issue with the Storm. Now there will be 400 people who post here that they've never had a call quality issue..so it may be related to the pitch of your voice.

While we're at it let me get this out of the way:
    I've been through 3 storms, so I know it's not a hardware defect.

I've been through several OSs and none have changed the crappy call quality.

I've used the phone with and without a rubber skin and it makes no difference.

So at the end of the day, this is just another issue with the Storm that has yet to be fixed in its 6 months of existence.

I might add though, that it becomes less of an issue b/c with time the phone will start to reset itself more frequently...so you will make less calls. Also the phone will freeze more frequently requiring battery pulls...so again you will make less calls. And eventually you will be so sick and tired of the phone you will find yourself using your bluetooth headset b/c if you have to look at the storm one more time you might throw it out the window. But I'm sure this is all going to be fixed in the firmware update that was supposed to come out almost 5 months ago.

As I've said before, the proper punishment for the dunderheads that designed this phone would be using it for a year.

Enjoy!
    05-23-09 05:27 PM
    I have this problem too. I've read it's due to the sound cancelling from the phone and it seems to be fixed if you switch to speakerphone and back. It sucks but it's better than not having them hear you.
    05-24-09 01:46 PM
    well that stinks. And there is no way to turn off the noise cancellation? I was looking through options and wasn't seeing anything...
    05-24-09 02:51 PM
    I had this problem and discovered it was actually the case I was using. I had the Casemate 2nd skin which covers all the ports etc. People kept saying it sounded like I was miles away.

Anyway took off the case and people said the sound was now fine.

Now using the Krusell Orbit Flex case and the sound is fine.
    05-25-09 08:49 AM
    I also got this problem, quiet often my girlfriend say that she can't hear me at all over the phone, and this happen with my rubber case on and off?? this really sucks, any idea how to fix this yet, without having to use a bluetooth headset? I don't have one, and don't really want to use one...
    05-25-09 09:29 AM
    people tell me this all the time, some even get angry with me thinking its me mumbling or talking too quitely... its my number one problem with this phone and its so frustrating that neither verizon nor RIM has addressed this apparently widespread problem.
    05-29-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD