Searched the storm forum and didn't see any write ups on peekawho. So I figured I would let you guys know.

I have been running it a bit now as a "trial"

I added a filter for the phone application so that it wouldn't show when I am trying to dial a number.

It seems to work pretty much flawless. I am getting my pictures from contacts and the correct information as on other devices. It seems a little bit more delayed then other devices however the delay I am getting is very very little and hard to notice...

If you were considering checking out the app go ahead and grab the trial I haven't had any issues with it running on the storm.

I am pretty sure I will purchase it but I was hoping to win a copy of it through a contest on another site ;D if not I will be purchasing.

Anyway hope this helps
    11-27-08 12:45 AM
    Wtf is peekawho? Some more info and a link would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 01:08 AM
    peekawho is similar to bbalerts but it has a popup everytime you receive an email and/or sms. Check the CB store for more info or do a search.

Here is a link to one of their threads.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/pee...e-trial-93486/
    Last edited by rockigirl; 11-27-08 at 01:19 AM.
    11-27-08 01:13 AM
    Searched the storm forum and didn't see any write ups on peekawho. So I figured I would let you guys know.

I have been running it a bit now as a "trial"

I added a filter for the phone application so that it wouldn't show when I am trying to dial a number.

It seems to work pretty much flawless. I am getting my pictures from contacts and the correct information as on other devices. It seems a little bit more delayed then other devices however the delay I am getting is very very little and hard to notice...

If you were considering checking out the app go ahead and grab the trial I haven't had any issues with it running on the storm.

I am pretty sure I will purchase it but I was hoping to win a copy of it through a contest on another site ;D if not I will be purchasing.

Anyway hope this helps
    Thanks for that report. I was curious about how peek would work on the newer bbs out. And thanks for that little tidbit about adding a filter for the phone app. I immediately had to borrow that idea.
    11-27-08 01:15 AM
    Wtf is peekawho?

Lol!!

11-27-08 01:46 AM
    ANyone having issues with the latest PeekAWho?

I installed last night and when I receive txt messages my phone pretty much freezes for 5-10 seconds. This happens for EVERY txt message.
    12-03-08 12:17 PM
    needs more space between the buttons...very small
    12-03-08 12:22 PM
    ANyone having issues with the latest PeekAWho?

I installed last night and when I receive txt messages my phone pretty much freezes for 5-10 seconds. This happens for EVERY txt message.
    do a battery pull, then see how it goes.
    12-03-08 12:23 PM
    Wtf is peekawho? Some more info and a link would be nice.

Did you know he Search button is your friend, it hangs out at the top of the forums and is just waiting for people to help out. Seems almost too much to ask of people these days.
    12-03-08 12:59 PM
    Well, there always has to be one person that it didn't work for and I guess it's me. I bought the full product and it seemed to slow down my Storm tremendously. I liked the program very much, but my Storm didn't...I uninstalled it.
    12-03-08 01:09 PM
    Ok I got a few questions about Peekawho. I've been using it for over a day now and I love it but theres two things that worry me.

1. When I click open Inbox on SMS messages it brings me to my email inbox.. (Is this fixed on the purchased version?)

2. When ever I get an email alert it never gives me what the email says. It's usually <header> 232 <loader> or something a long these lines etc. (Is this fixed on the purchased version?)

A few things that bother me is I wish we could change the font. it is ugly as **** to me, and as someone has mentioned above the buttons are way to close together.
    12-03-08 04:31 PM
    I had peekawho on my curve and it constantly stopped working. I won't be getting it for my storm. Kevin seems to love it but I will have to give this app a big thumbs down. Very disappointing.
    12-03-08 04:34 PM
    I bought it and it slowed down my storm tremendiously, I also had the issue with the sms sent to email inbox. I uninstalled it
    12-03-08 05:06 PM
    I bought it and it slowed down my storm tremendiously, I also had the issue with the sms sent to email inbox. I uninstalled it

same problem. it was so slow. it took me 15 minutes to get to the download folder.had to uninstall it :-\
    12-03-08 05:22 PM
    it is updated so often because it is pretty much a beta app. Sounds like you guys will have the same issues on the storm as I did on the curve. Insted of doing beta testing they make you purchase it then you have to work with them to get the bugs out. Cool app when it works though
    12-03-08 05:24 PM
    So I am guessing no one else had the problem of clicking inbox for SMS and it sending you to your email inbox instead?
    12-03-08 05:39 PM
    Yes had that happen to me also. it also puts my storm in slow motion for at least a min, app looks cool and would love it if it worked. And yes buttons to close and to small for fat fingures lol. Gonna try a battery pull and see if that helps. I am new to bb the storm is my first and i love it, but it seems u have to pull the battery an awful lot. wtf is this a normal bb practice.

also is the flashlight funtion suppose to work?
    Last edited by blsmith1; 12-03-08 at 10:04 PM.
    12-03-08 10:01 PM
    I tried PeekaWho and didn't like what it did to my phone. I then tried Aerize Alerts and ended up licensing that. I really like how it works. I have it set to pop up only people in my address book and all SMS messages. Works great in ALL programs and doesn't seem to affect the speed of my Storm at all. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    12-03-08 10:25 PM
    Wtf is peekawho?
    i believe the correct term is "pikachu."

what i am going to tell u is category 5 top secret. a "pikachu" it is what they call in the anime world, a "pokemon." these creatures can be large or small. they yield strange powers and are usually "captured" from the wild and kept in a "pokeball."

Attached is a government issued depiction of one such creature..

Please keep in mind that this information is CONFIDENTIAL.
    12-03-08 10:33 PM
    Just installed PaW and did a battery pull... it does feel a noticeable amount slower though. Is there a way to check memory usage on BB's?
    Last edited by InfamousDX; 12-04-08 at 09:01 AM.
    12-04-08 08:52 AM
    needs more space between the buttons...very small
    I totally agree with you 100%! I love the added button to delete the email from the pop up, but WoW those buttons are small!

As for the lag when you get a pop-up... I see what you mean... several second delay, but nothing major.

All in all, much better than previous versions.
    12-04-08 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD