Hi

does anybody know a program to view pdf files on the Storm? please no trials, demos. I need a FREE program

Thanks
    01-20-09 11:46 AM
    It comes with the Storm. PDF to Go is a free app in the application folder of the storm out of the box
    01-20-09 11:48 AM
    how?

i only got word2go, sheet2go and slideshow2go

is there a way to get pdf2go?
    01-20-09 11:51 AM
    how?

i only got word2go, sheet2go and slideshow2go

is there a way to get pdf2go?
    Same here. I only got the these 3 as well. No PDF2go for me either.
    01-20-09 12:13 PM
    X3. I don't have it either. What about word to go, do you have to buy premium or is there another word application, besides word pad?
    01-20-09 12:23 PM
    From your Storm bb browser go to wap.GetJar.com and enter the quickcode 33274
    01-20-09 12:25 PM
    PDF files are, by default, viewable with the Storm. You don't require any additional software to view them. email yourself one and try it, you will see it loads quite nicely.
    01-20-09 12:27 PM
    PDF files are, by default, viewable with the Storm. You don't require any additional software to view them. email yourself one and try it, you will see it loads quite nicely.
    The built-in program for viewing PDFs is pretty crappy. It renders PDFs as images, so when you zoom in on text, you can barely make out finer print.

Anyone have recommendations for something better?
    01-20-09 12:29 PM
    They are only viewable from within an email. you can not save a pdf on the phone and view it that way. Beamreader works great but it is not free.
    01-20-09 12:43 PM
    RepliGo has a good PDF viewer for $30. It basically has the same functionality as PDF2Go.
    01-20-09 01:07 PM
    Does this actually work for you? I always seem to have the following issues:

1. It always asks for permission to read data (and I have all permissions set)
    2. It can never open my .PDF files
    01-20-09 01:11 PM
    Wednesday, 21-jan-09, early ---> don't use www; did the download, still no joy as yet !

And now: serious security issue. Caught him looking at a Wells Fargo transaction, even though I am looking at the trial version only. Deleted trial version of pdf2go. VERY CONCERNED ! May need to delete entire trial version of premium D2G !

Added comments:

Surfing bare for the wap.GetJar freaked me out, but I choked my anxiety down. Don't be doing that stuff. It is for the younger more informed users.

I now feel like D2G is well worth the $70 - this based on actually getting it running under 4.7.0.75. With its offering of PDF To Go, I can view blueprints, well logs, and read pdf manuals - all native pdf files dragged and dropped onto my Storm from my Vista-based PC, and not emailed as attachments to my Storm. I is just not realistic to email large and or many files to an email account and then back to your Storm. No need to remove the default app - first, register your baseline D2G app. Then just open a doc, xls, or ppt and push da BB button and get the trial version of D2G premium. When you get back to where you were with the default app on doc, xls, and ppt, THEN open a document AGAIN, push da BB button, and look to get a trial copy of PDF To Go. It is way cool. I feel comfortable with this approach based partly on the choice of VZN / RIM to included the baseline version in their first offering of Storm and partly on my very limited experience with the trial premium version.

BEWARE: our Storms are not 3 GHZ QUADS. Do the trial thing and see if it fits your needs. Rendering big files does take time.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-21-09 at 02:31 PM. Reason: security issue abated; added info
    01-21-09 06:34 AM
    I just purchased beamreader - I used the code newbeam for 50% off.

Well worth it so you don't have to screw around.
    01-21-09 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD