Okay, so I can get e-mailed PDF files opened via BeamReader (woot!); however, when on a webpage and I "download" a PDF to my media card, I cannot - for the life of me - find where the 'H' it is afterwards to open it.

HELP!!

ps: I searched the forums and didn't initially see anyone with this issue...so my apologies if I'm not seeing something I should.
    Last edited by mworceste; 01-09-09 at 10:29 AM.
    01-09-09 10:22 AM
    Really?! With all the people in this forum, no one knows how to help me?

Anyone...?!?!?
    01-12-09 01:58 PM
    I haven't used BeamBerry before. I'd recommend saving the messages that contain the Attachments, and opening the Attachments from the "Saved Messages" Folder as needed.
    01-12-09 02:11 PM
    If you're just trying to "find" the pdf, launch Media app>bb button>explore and you can look at your data card like in a file explorer app. As to opening the pdf, beam reader should do it, but it will not open from the storage card without a 3rd party app of some kind. The native software that comes on the Storm ONLY opens pdf's that are attached in a email...it's bummer.

Grey
    01-12-09 02:38 PM
    Save pdf attachment to a folder or open attachment with BeamReader directly then save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 04:37 PM
    Thank you folks, I shall try it and let y'all know if it does NOT work.
    01-16-09 12:31 PM
    Seems to work great in the trial for reading PDFs. Even eBooks I loaded that are 700+pages are very easily read with it. I am loving that (but hating paying $69 in 29 days)
    01-16-09 12:53 PM
    ok first you need to know where you downloaded the file to on your phone

you will need to open beamreader and then navigate to the file. I am not sure if you can just read it in the browser. but thats what i have done in the past and has worked great for me.
    01-16-09 01:05 PM
    I was going to recommend RepliGo, which is "only" $30 after a seven-day trial.
    01-16-09 01:10 PM
    Seems to work great in the trial for reading PDFs. Even eBooks I loaded that are 700+pages are very easily read with it. I am loving that (but hating paying $69 in 29 days)
    I cannot seem to get tone on pdfs - just the doc, xls, and ppt files - in my trial copy of premium docs 2 go. Do you remember anything special about the post install that made it possible to read native pdf files ?

The installation of the trial version of D2G and its bonus PDF To Go is a TWO STEP process: first, register your baseline D2G app. Then just open a doc, xls, or ppt and push da BB button and get the trial version of D2G premium. When you get back to where you were with the default app on doc, xls, and ppt, THEN open a document AGAIN, push da BB button, and look to get a trial copy of PDF To Go. I am liking it.

With its offering of PDF To Go, I can view blueprints, well logs, and read pdf manuals - all native pdf files dragged and dropped onto my Storm from my Vista-based PC,

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-21-09 at 02:36 PM. Reason: added info - answering my question.
    01-20-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD