hey.. i know many of us want the ability to tether our phones to our laptops without the extra tethering fee to quickly check emails and websites when we are on the road (say a hotel). Well i contacted PDAnet a month or so ago and they mentioned they have a bb version in the works but the more people contact them about their product, the more likely they will finish the product and fast. so take a minute out of your day and shoot them a message
    01-19-09 11:42 PM
    you can reach pdanet by going to the following web site and clicking the support link.

http: // junefabrics.com/index.php

I would LOVE to see this app for Bleckberry, I used to use it on my Treo and xv6800 and it works awesome.
    01-20-09 10:50 AM
    I contacted them a couple of days ago, asking about their product (PdaNet) for the BB devices. I got a reply today stating they are developing PdaNet for the BB however unable to give any release dates at this time.

I'm glad to hear the product is under development. I also own a Treo700p for a work phone and I have PdaNet installed on it. It has been working flawlessly for the past several months. The money spent has been worth every penny. Can't tell you how many time I've used it at the airports and avoided paying the outrageous airport wifi costs.

I look forward to seeing the release of PdaNet for the Blackberry family of smartphones.
    02-19-09 03:12 AM
    Guys . . there is an ap in Beta now that enables DUN access. I am currently testing and the developer posts in the forum. Stay tuned!

Post 27:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/mo...86/index2.html
    02-19-09 06:48 AM
    awesome ! keep us posted.
    02-19-09 12:19 PM
    Outside of VNC for the Blackberry, I can't think of another app that would be as welcome with me as this idea. Well...the Slingplayer for BB would be right there, but this would be a most welcome app.
    02-19-09 12:22 PM
    i heard horrible things about mobishark, on the other hand i have great things of pdanet including using it myself as a trial on my MOTO Q a few years back.
    02-19-09 12:36 PM
    i sent pdanet an email last year asking about bb support i got the same message. i wouldnt hold my breath!
    02-19-09 06:17 PM
    I have used PDA net on my Treo for 3 years it works well and well worth the money hope it comes to BB soon I also will send them a message but their support seems very limited.
    02-27-09 07:51 AM
    Guys . . there is an ap in Beta now that enables DUN access. I am currently testing and the developer posts in the forum. Stay tuned!

Post 27:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/mo...86/index2.html

i heard horrible things about mobishark, on the other hand i have great things of pdanet including using it myself as a trial on my MOTO Q a few years back.

I believe the poster is referring to Tetherberry...not Mobishark (just happens to be the thread where the topic of this new beta app came up). I've used the beta with fantastic results, as an old user of PDANet myself, I believe you will be just as satisfied with this product. Still working out some minor bugs before release. As of now, it doesn't work on Mac or 64 bit but they r working on that too.

Here's the thread on the topic...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/tetherberry-168026/

And here's where you can sign up for the beta testing...

Beta Test | TetherBerry
    02-27-09 10:07 AM
    Does PDAnet give you more options than TetherBerry? Seems like this isn't really a necessity anymore....
    02-27-09 10:57 AM
    Had PDAnet for about 2 years with my Treo700w. Always worked well when there was no other connection available.

I did send them an email a few weeks ago like this post suggested to request the status on a Storm program. This morning they sent me an email with the address for the beta download. I am mainly a lurker and just got my Storm 3 weeks ago. Being my first post I cannot post links, but if you go to june fabrics site and add "/blackberry" to then end that will get you there.

Downloaded and functional 5 minutes later, using it now and been doing general browsing with it tonight.

Did a speed test with 88kb/s download and 158kb/s upload. Have not used mobishark or tetherberry so really can't compare.
    03-03-09 10:18 PM
    Tetherberry is VERY fast.
    03-03-09 10:20 PM
    I am curious to see how much Tetherberry is going to be. Definitely will weight it as an option based on what I read in recent threads. Also waiting for one of them to support bluetooth connection like I had before on my Treo.

Being able to make a connection wirelessly while with a client simply more professional. Not to mention if you forget the cord!
    03-03-09 10:33 PM
    Tetherberry is WAY fast. I got speeds up to 1200!! This app ROCKS!!
    03-03-09 10:41 PM
    Had PDAnet for about 2 years with my Treo700w. Always worked well when there was no other connection available.

I did send them an email a few weeks ago like this post suggested to request the status on a Storm program. This morning they sent me an email with the address for the beta download. I am mainly a lurker and just got my Storm 3 weeks ago. Being my first post I cannot post links, but if you go to june fabrics site and add "/blackberry" to then end that will get you there.

Downloaded and functional 5 minutes later, using it now and been doing general browsing with it tonight.

Did a speed test with 88kb/s download and 158kb/s upload. Have not used mobishark or tetherberry so really can't compare.

FYI . . . PDAnet beta will not install on a 64 bit machine.
    03-03-09 10:44 PM
    PDA Net is out for the BB Storm!!!!

PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem
    03-09-09 08:15 PM
    Has anyone done a head-to-head comparison of PDA Net for bb vs. Tetherberry? I will definitely be getting one of them. I have only had my storm for a week but had PDA Net on my Treo 700p for 2 years. Worked well in a pinch although not very fast. Ease of installation/use and speed are 2 most important factors to me (of course, cost also).
    03-22-09 08:20 PM
    Tetherberry uses external servers, PDANet uses a direct connection. So basically with TB you are relying on their servers working, not to mention ALL your data is passed through there. Not really a fan of that.
    03-22-09 08:22 PM
    That's a very interesting distinction between the two. The less "interference" with my data, the happier I am. I also just discovered that PDA Net beats TB on the cost side, $29.00 (- $5.00 as I am a previous user) vs. $39.95. Since v 1.03 seems to have resolved the memory clearing bug, I may give it a try.
    03-22-09 08:50 PM
    That's a very interesting distinction between the two. The less "interference" with my data, the happier I am. I also just discovered that PDA Net beats TB on the cost side, $29.00 (- $5.00 as I am a previous user) vs. $39.95. Since v 1.03 seems to have resolved the memory clearing bug, I may give it a try.
    Please report back with speed results! Will you be using it on a BB or a Treo?
    03-22-09 11:25 PM
    I went to tetherberry site and they want 59$ for their product. That's crazy!!! I guess they
    don't realize that they are competing against another product (pdanet) that cost nearly half
    and is made by a developer with a great track record. I would go and recommend anyone to stick with pdanet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by tko248; 03-23-09 at 03:25 AM.
    03-23-09 03:22 AM
    I downloaded PDA Net 1.03 and now it seems my battery life is HORRIBLE! My storm is only 2 weeks old so I can't believe the battery is failing so soon. Anyone having the same experience with PDANet? I also installed a demo of Pocket Informant but I don't think that can be it?
    03-27-09 01:28 PM
    I downloaded PDA Net 1.03 and now it seems my battery life is HORRIBLE! My storm is only 2 weeks old so I can't believe the battery is failing so soon. Anyone having the same experience with PDANet? I also installed a demo of Pocket Informant but I don't think that can be it?
    Nope, not having that problem at all.
    03-27-09 03:22 PM
    I was a big user of PDA Net on my Treo 755p. I was thrilled when I saw it now for the Storm. Downloaded it and it was horrible. Everytime I used it, it reset and crashed my phone. I contacted them and they said it happened to a few and made sure I had the last version of DM running. So, they gave me my money back. I went to Tetherberry, it works fine. It seems a bit slower than PDA Net when I used the Treo and sometimes I run into problems. But, for the most part, it gets me into my email. TDS
    03-29-09 03:35 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD