I just tried to download desktop software to my PC and got a message that the disk is faulty; then tried a workaround, which didn' t work. Now have downloaded Pocket Mac to my iMac; it sounds somewhat limited compared to the PC software. Is this true? I got a long list of probable problems "known issues" when I installed it.

If I (finally) get the desktop software installed on both PC and iMac, will I be able to use both of them with my Blackberry, or do I have to choose one or the other? (the PC is a laptop I usually take on trips)

Thanks for your help

mocalee
    01-05-09 04:00 PM
    I just tried to download desktop software to my PC and got a message that the disk is faulty; then tried a workaround, which didn' t work. Now have downloaded Pocket Mac to my iMac; it sounds somewhat limited compared to the PC software. Is this true? I got a long list of probable problems "known issues" when I installed it.

If I (finally) get the desktop software installed on both PC and iMac, will I be able to use both of them with my Blackberry, or do I have to choose one or the other? (the PC is a laptop I usually take on trips)

Thanks for your help

mocalee
    You cannot sync the Storm to Pocket Mac. Other BBs yes, but not the storm, not yet. You really need to DM working on your PC.
    01-05-09 04:28 PM
    I currently have a new Macbook Pro aluminum. And while there were some issues at first with connecting the Storm to the MBP, those have been resolved now. If all of your Mac updates are applied AND you have the latest USB drivers for PocketMac, it will sync just fine with Mac, even Entourage. Go to Blackberry Web site and go where you found the download for PocketMac and you will see a link for the latest USB driver. Download, install, reboot, and you should be in business. I use mine everyday. No problems.
    01-05-09 04:40 PM
    I currently have a new Macbook Pro aluminum. And while there were some issues at first with connecting the Storm to the MBP, those have been resolved now. If all of your Mac updates are applied AND you have the latest USB drivers for PocketMac, it will sync just fine with Mac, even Entourage. Go to Blackberry Web site and go where you found the download for PocketMac and you will see a link for the latest USB driver. Download, install, reboot, and you should be in business. I use mine everyday. No problems.
    Hmm. originally it didn't work. anyway I have a PC and a MAC and while pocket mac does the trick DM on your PC is much better. Its just more comprehensive. If you can get DM to work then do that.
    01-05-09 04:47 PM
    i personally added xp on my macbook simply because pocket mac sucks, anyway this is the only way to do os update so if you have to chose go pc for syncing your bb
    01-05-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD