I have a Storm 9530 (v4.7.0.75). Actually, this is my 3rd device of the same config because of some hardware problems. And, with this 3rd device, I am no longer able to see the 8GB memory card as an available drive when I try to view it via Windows Explore (XP SP2). When I connected my prior to Storm devices to my micro USB cable for my laptop I heard the USB tones indicating a successful USB connection and was able to view the memory card as a hard drive via Windows. Now, however, after converting to my replacement Storm, I am unable to see that memory card/HD via Windows.

I am able to move media back and forth from my PC to my Storm media card with the terrible Roxio Media Manager application via Blackberry Desktop Manager, but that is not the solution I want.

Any ideas?

My memory parameters are:

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: Device
    Encrypt Media Files: Off
    Media Transfer Protocol (MTP): Off
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes
    01-23-09 08:25 AM
    On my 8830, I use these settings:
    Encryption Mode: None
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

You might try setting encryption to None. Otherwise I don't see a problem with your settings. MTP is not an option on my phone, so I can't make any suggestions about it.
    01-23-09 07:44 PM
    I have a Storm 9530 (v4.7.0.75). Actually, this is my 3rd device of the same config because of some hardware problems. And, with this 3rd device, I am no longer able to see the 8GB memory card as an available drive when I try to view it via Windows Explore (XP SP2). When I connected my prior to Storm devices to my micro USB cable for my laptop I heard the USB tones indicating a successful USB connection and was able to view the memory card as a hard drive via Windows. Now, however, after converting to my replacement Storm, I am unable to see that memory card/HD via Windows.

I am able to move media back and forth from my PC to my Storm media card with the terrible Roxio Media Manager application via Blackberry Desktop Manager, but that is not the solution I want.

Any ideas?

My memory parameters are:

Encryption Mode: Device
    Encrypt Media Files: Off
    Media Transfer Protocol (MTP): Off
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes
    I basically had the same problem. I took the 8gb card to a Verizon store and they replaced it with a new one. Everything's fine now.
    01-25-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD