View Poll Results: Pattern lock vs. Storm Slider

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pattern lock

78 67.24%
  • Storm slider

38 32.76%
    Can we add a both option? The idea is from two different devices so you can't really say one is "better" than the other.

If they were both a PatternLock or both an iPhone Lock then we could vote.

I enjoy both applications and think both developers put a lot of time into their creations. Good Job Taf and DMG
    Well that's the straight truth, both developers are doing great. If the number one reason people are saying patternlock is options if that's the only reason then this poll is a tad premature being that patternlock has been out for a while and the stormslider has only really been out a day. Both are great apps by great developers.

SS for sheer hotness though
    04-23-09 01:11 AM
    There both perfect just choose how you would rather unlock your phone by sliding or a pattern.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 02:28 AM
    I've used both. Both developers are great and very responsive to questions. However, I found Storm Slider to be buggs. Pattern Lock has been very solid with a lot of new updated features.
    04-23-09 04:07 PM
    the stormslider has only really been out a day.
    Eh, no. StormSlider has been around. DMG's first public announcement was Feb 25 '09. Tafasa's PatternLock was Apr 11 '09.

Both are great apps by great developers.
    Agreed!
    04-23-09 04:17 PM
    I switched over to pattern lock. I got it when it first came out and now it's even better. Can't beat 3 updates a day. lol. A big plus is being able to program it to the original lock button.
    04-23-09 08:40 PM
    i use and luv both...it gives a "double password security" feel to it
    04-23-09 08:44 PM
    I bought storm slider mainly to support dmgs work.
    With that said, I believe pattern lock is light years ahead.
    No harmful feelings towards stormslider I just prefer patternlock.

Both devs do excellent work.

04-23-09 08:48 PM
    my alarm does not work since I installed slider. it appears like it mornally does, but does not ring. anyone else have this problem
    04-23-09 11:10 PM
    stormslider for sure
    04-24-09 01:21 AM
    Its a tough one. I like the fresh look about the slider but the pattern lock app is by far richer when it comes to the options available. So at this moment in time it has to be the patternlock app. But when the slider has a bit more time spent on it who knows !!!!!
    04-24-09 02:47 AM
    I originally grabbed SS and really liked it. Dmg does fantastic, creative work. I switched over to PL only because it offered more settings.
    04-24-09 05:10 AM
    What do you all think of the new paid version of Storm Slider. Seems like he added a bunch of new options to it making it closer to Patternlocks capabilities. True?
    05-30-09 09:01 AM
    I have paid for both,just recently got patternlock.I tried for a few months to get SS to work an it would'nt.I have downloaded/deleted SS several times an got tired of it an got PL.I have'nt deleted it yet.It works good on my phone
    05-30-09 05:20 PM
    pattern lock should definitely be free
    05-30-09 05:22 PM
    So I noticed the last response to this thread was over a month ago, and I had bought Storm Slider, so I figured after all that voted for patternlock, it's worth a go for $3.00.

Having said that, I'm super impressed with what Patternlock has to offer. The customization is far beyond Storm Swiper, to the point that it's a bit overwhelming. (I'm sure as I use it more, I'll realize why there's so many customizations, but for a first time setup, it was a bit much.) But I can appreciate small things that Storm Swiper is still trying to work out, such as customizing the portrait background, being able to plug in numbers where patternlock doesn't activate (such as voicemail, which is nice), and even an individual landscape background separate from the portrait one.

In any case, my vote definitely goes to pattern lock.
    06-01-09 01:14 AM
    pattern lock should definitely be free
    PatternLock was only .99 cents for the better half of may. With how good this app is, it in no way should be free. Its fantastic and well worth the money.
    06-01-09 02:06 AM
    I have tried storm slider, pattern lock, and one other (paid Versions) and they all do the job. I think it all about what you like as far as, graphics and features. My vote Pattern Lock
    09-11-09 11:27 AM
    I love pattern lock but it does need to fix a couple things. Ie led flashing still while I am reading the message that set it off. Or whe. I get an mms it shows I have two messages on the home screen. I wonder if it will get an update soon

09-11-09 11:42 AM
    Can I weigh in on this issue? Sadly, I wasted money on Berry Slider and I regretted it. It kept giving me some error message and it would not always lock when I was on a call. This was especially disappointing because it was the primary reason I purchased the program in the first place. I have now deleted it and have purchased Pattern Lock - already I'm far more impressed with it!! Definitely Pattern Lock over Berry Slider. I attempted to contact Berry Slider support but to no avail. You can't design a program and then offer no support for it!
    12-25-10 08:10 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD