Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a way to protect some of the files from being seen by other people. There are some messages on my phone that I need to save, but do not want other people to see. Is there a way that i can protect my "saved messages" from being seen by anyone looking at my phone?

Thanks
    03-31-09 01:44 AM
    I don't know if there is. If there is I would like to know
    Don't let people see your phone ! I dislike when people ask to see my phone. First things they do messages and pictures !
    Lol.
    Anyways , on my Curve when I save a file it goes in to the "Saved" folder. So then I could delete it off the "Messages" folder but I still have it. And you can't "really" access it unless people are that nosy and find a way or if they know how to use it.

I don't know. Just a thought x)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 01:51 AM
    Wait I didn't see that you wanted to protect the "saved messages" folder. I thought just the "message" folder itself.
    Ehk, I don think I'm much help then. Sorry !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 01:52 AM
    I would like to know that same thing...
    03-31-09 02:01 AM
    there is a program to lock individual files, so that would work for your pics and video(you can also go to properties>>check hide box). when you wish to view them again simply go to media and options>>explore(to location of file)>>show hidden and there it is(grayed-out)...as far as messages, id say save them. there is an icon to view saved messages; hide this icon inside the applications folder or something...

hope it helps

check out this thread for the app(filelock)...http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/fil...y-good-109964/
    Last edited by OCDS; 03-31-09 at 02:10 AM.
    03-31-09 02:04 AM
    Good question, i'd like to know too.

Maybe, you password your phone. And dont let anyone on it full stop ? works for me
    03-31-09 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD