I have been going through the threads to get opinions and answers regarding the Storm and whether a purchase is in my future. Holy smokes, seems like anyone with any honest issues, problems or an opinion other than I like it, it's the best thing ever is bound to get slammed. Is it possible that people are really having problems and really are unhappy?? I read where some are saying this is a forum for tips and help not a place for bashing....actually, I would like to hear all the opinions, good or bad. Not being happy with their Storm is not "Bashing". I do not recall a heading at the beginning of this Storm forum indicating that it was just for people with good Storm experiences and feelings. Has anyone taken a good hard look at the number of posts and comments where people are expressing their dissatisfaction?? Just coincidence??
    There are some sincere people here that are clearly experiencing some major issues with their Storms. Rather than help we brush them off as crazy, Apple plants or idiots. Man, that is some real strong Kool Aid some of you guys are drinking, Jim Jones would have been real proud. If some really can't handle the fact that there are some potentially real issues with phone and that many are unhappy...well, I would suggest professional help.
    Geez people, lighten up...it's just a phone.
    11-24-08 06:28 PM
    People get upset when their latest and greatest device is talked down upon or flaws are found. I think it also has to do with the fact that people keep posting the same issues without searching the forums for threads that are currently talking about the same thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by avt123; 11-24-08 at 06:35 PM.
    11-24-08 06:33 PM
    Plus you have the SAME people(using different screen names at THAT!) starting forums complaining about the SAME things. People are tired of hearing it & most of the people doing the complaining are not really trying to improve their experience i.e. tweaking, etc so they really aren't in a position to complain. When you are in a situation you like do you try to adjust & make the situation better or should you just sit there & run your mouth all the time?
    11-24-08 06:37 PM
    hey just stopped in to play with the new storm and holy crap!!! its hard to use not as user friendly as the commercial makes it out to be!! LONG LIVE THE TRACK BALL!! hahaha but it is cool, its just not for me! IS the Bold the same as storm w/o touch screen??????????/
    11-24-08 06:41 PM
    Hm, you DO have a point but when people post the exact same thing over and over it gets annoying. To top it off most people are complaining about software related issues. While there are issues a lot of them can be circumvented / avoided by actually using these forums.

Also, if someone wrote "this phone is just not for me, I'm not digging the feel of the phone or the layout (etc)" that would make sense and I think they would be respected and left alone.

its when people pick out problems that have been discussed and addressed 3000+ times already that people get annoyed and assume its a troll
    11-24-08 06:50 PM
    ^^^^^^^ yup use the search , find your answer ... seeing the same thing 1000 times a day is old .
    11-24-08 06:53 PM
    hey just stopped in to play with the new storm and holy crap!!! its hard to use not as user friendly as the commercial makes it out to be!! LONG LIVE THE TRACK BALL!! hahaha but it is cool, its just not for me! IS the Bold the same as storm w/o touch screen??????????/

This is why respectable post are being slammed. If you noticed, he/she asked question that can be easily figured out without much research at all. I don't even visit the other forums on this site really. Hopefully this kind of garbage isn't being spewed everywhere.

For some odd reason, people take pride in trying to make another individual feel bad about their product. I didn't purchase any other Blackberry, G1, or Iphone. Guess how many forums I've been to complaining about my experiences with the model phones at the store? The answer is zero. I didn't purchase the phone so why should I complain about it? Obviously I don't want it or I would have purchased it. Also did not flood Apple forums with random screen names slamming the Iphone. If you're happy with your product, what good will it do me to try to make it look bad?

Please tell me what coming to this small Blackberry Storm community and complaining about a phone that you don't have or will never have will do? I'd assume those comments would be better suited for RIM or Verizon. If you own the phone and are looking for some tips/tricks, then maybe we can help. If you don't own the phone, then WTF CAN WE DO FOR YOU TODAY?
    11-24-08 07:07 PM
    Honest Opinion:

I think the phone is great and I have had no issues we either Storm (we have two). I will say that if you love a real keyboard - you may want to look elsewhere. However, if you are like me and like all the functionality that a touchscreen can bring, but could not use regular touch screens this is a fantastic option. Oh and you get a lot of envy at work . . . I spent an hour today with folks coming over to use the phone.
    11-24-08 07:14 PM
    Solid points from most you, thanks....as far as some of the others, again the Kool-Aid at work. I agree that no one wants to hear that what they are, what they own or what they think may be flawed in another's eyes. I say, big friggin deal who made them king? All I wanted to do was get some thoughts on the phone, good and bad because my first experience with the phone was not so good. I was curious if people had the same issues (slow reaction and transition, freezing and difficulty typing) and yes the apps were closed and it was rebooted twice (once with the battery pulled) by the Verizon rep. From what I could gather many here have and are still experiencing the same issues. I am a reasonable person that sees things for what they are and have no need to have everyone applaud and "accept" my choice in a phone (yes, I said a phone). It's almost like we are trying to solve the economic crisis here from two vastly different view points.......I have a Curve, it's a wonderful thing! my best friend of over 20 years is a WM6.1 fan and yes, we are still friends. BBSeattle out, football is coming on and no I won't tell some of you who I am rooting for.....just not into more insecurities flaring.
    Those that love your Storm, friggin awesome, in spite of the reasons why I do not care for it, it is a kick a** piece of equipment!
    11-24-08 07:25 PM
    I think the big deal is that most of the complainers either didn't give the device the fair chance or were just unfamiliar with navigation and operation of a Blackberry in general. Coming from a Treo 700wx a few years ago, I picked up a Pearl for the first time and it was a struggle at first but after actually giving the device, and my brain, some time to learn and adjust it was a very sweet device. The same thing holds true for the Storm. I was ridiculously frustrated with it for the first day - until I learned how to customize, tweak, and personalize it for myself. Now, I wouldn't go back to my Pearl in a million years. No way.

Give it time. Learn it. Tweak it. Love it.
    11-24-08 07:27 PM
    If the posts that criticised the phone were written like this there wouldn't be many complaints about the posts at all. The problem is when someone comes in never touched the phone, or only used for a couple seconds, and just says "well XXX phone is way better than this piece of s".
    There is some known issues with some lag, but some of it can be tweaked out with settings. others will need a firmware update. If you don't like the phone it is fine, but have some real supporting arguments about "why" you dont like it. don't just state it to see how many people you can get to flame you.
    11-24-08 09:44 PM
    I came from a 'dumb' phone and this is my first berry - and I can't put it down. It's by far the most incredible "phone" I've ever had and 110% thrilled with my purchase.

It did get a little overwhelming today when I had someone leaving a voicemail while someone else was calling, while getting a BB instant message and two emails - the whole screen lit up with crap I had never seen before, with all kinds of lights and sounds at the same time...lmao.

It needs a few software tweaks (why oh why can't it stay on multitap since I'm suretype-challenged?) but those'll get fixed eventually. I was a little worried about typing on it since I have large fingers (can't type AT ALL on my Ipod Touch) but I'm whipping out texts and emails like there's no tomorrow.

Very very pleased with it so far!!
    11-24-08 10:24 PM
    interesting people saying its a failure and flop, but the storm forum on CB already has more posts than the bold. and the bold has been out longer, the storm has been out 3 days and has 64k posts, the bold only 60k. i am not knocking the bold, its awesome, but just saying the storm is not the flop people are saying.

there are issues though, i for one, have alot and maybe a bad unit, but i sitll love the phone.
    11-24-08 10:30 PM
    interesting people saying its a failure and flop, but the storm forum on CB already has more posts than the bold. and the bold has been out longer, the storm has been out 3 days and has 64k posts, the bold only 60k. i am not knocking the bold, its awesome, but just saying the storm is not the flop people are saying.

there are issues though, i for one, have alot and maybe a bad unit, but i sitll love the phone.
    I would agree that there is more "talk" about the Storm.........but have you taken into consideration the content and the incredibly high amount of negative posts? I have also considered purchasing the Bold and spent time over there reviewing thoughts and opinions and the fact is that there are more people dissatisfied with the Storm than the Bold....not an opinion, just stating the facts.
    Last edited by BBSeattle; 11-25-08 at 09:32 AM.
    11-25-08 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD