I am running parallels on my macbook pro, parallels is updated DM is updated, and it is still giving me an error saying the device software cant be loaded... any ideas? is it possible to do device software updates on parallels? i have done it on bootcamp but i recently took it off with the purchase of parallels...

Thanks! anything is appreciated
    03-01-09 02:53 PM
    If you can, return Parallels, and get VMWare Fusion. I had problems with using the BB software with Parallels, if you need help getting VMWare, PM me, glad to help.
    03-01-09 03:26 PM
    Parallels will give you issue after issue when it comes to USB host connectivity. Return it and go with VMWare fusion if you are able to. If not you may want to try Virtualbox which is free. But you will want to get the closed source version so it has the USB goodness you seek. Now remember Virtualbox has been known to be hit and miss with blackberry connectivity. It has worked for me though.
    03-01-09 03:35 PM
    I use Bootcamp instead of Parallels, with a copy of Win Vista...have been upgrading my Storm using DM 4.7 since November...no problems..! Works very well. Upgraded my Storm to .109 just yesterday. It's all good!

Bootcamp made it so easy...repartitioned my drive, etc. Yes, having to buy yourself a copy of WIN XP or Vista isn't cheap...but it will solve all your future problems when you need to upgrade your BB or find yourself needing to run WIN-only programs. I totally recommend you make the jump. Waiting for an OTA upgrade would be too frustrating for me!
    03-01-09 03:42 PM
    I couldn't get Virtualbox to work with DM.It backed up my Storm ok,but wouldn't stay connected through USB long enough to initialize an update.I may have a go with Bootcamp.

tommysdad
    03-01-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD