I just watched the videos of the Palm Pre touchscreen in action and it made me want to CRY! It was SO snappy and responsive and runs RINGS around my stubborn kludgy feeling .75 OS. RIM better get its act together! I have one week left to return my Storm and I am seriously about to drop this buggy beta and wait til July for the Palm Pre!
    01-08-09 10:45 PM
    Seriously, if you haven't done a .85 install you can't fairly judge the Storm. It's an entirely different machine on .85.
    01-09-09 12:24 AM
    I tried 85 and rolled back to 75. They both suck. You are really reaching if you think 85 is materially better. Lets just wait and see. RIM has its work cut out for it, but realistically the device is probably going to have issues for another 6 months.
    01-09-09 12:28 AM
    Then when apple comes out with their next unit and Rim comes out with their next device, and palm comes out with their next device..so on so on..you'll be crying forever..It's a wonderful thing about technology advancements..
    01-09-09 12:32 AM
    The OS of the Palm is actually still in beta. It's not the official release (check engadget and boygenius). I do (and am) however, getting a Palm Pre when it comes out.

WOOT WOOT. I fawk'n love Palm. Makes me want to go and Palm my g/f in the forehead.
    Last edited by TheFarmer; 01-09-09 at 03:04 AM.
    01-09-09 01:57 AM
    Yeah the new Palm Pre looks sexy. But unfortunately its only launching initially on Sprint and I doubt a Verizon Pre will be announced before my Storm's 30 days are up. It looks nice but not nice enough to return my Storm and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for the announcement of a Pre for Verizon.
    01-09-09 02:17 AM
    There's no indication it's even coming on Verizon. Only confirmation is Sprint.

That and I needed a phone now.
    01-09-09 04:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD