I have a wireless printer/fax combo, but no landline phone. Can I use my Storm2 to FAX from my printer?
    07-05-10 10:00 PM
    Unfortunately, unlikely as your Storm2 doesn't have the drivers for your printer. Wireless printers are meant for things like laptops so that you don't have to have them directly connected to the printer to print. Unfortunately though, the drivers required are not available for most mobile devices.
    07-06-10 01:26 AM
    While I don't default to the "search nazi" answer, I must say by typing "printing" into the Search CrackBerry field right at the top I found these two posts:

Register Now: HP & RIM Webinar on mobile printing solutions for ...

Cortado Offers Wireless Printing for Your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Perhaps you may wish to try that yourself.
    While I appreciate your "tempered approach," what I would like to do is use my BB as the telephone "conduit" to send a fax from my printer/fax machine. I do not have a landline phone so my Fax has no telephone line to send it over...is it possible for the Fax to dial thru my BB to send a Fax?
    07-06-10 07:07 AM
    While I appreciate your "tempered approach," what I would like to do is use my BB as the telephone "conduit" to send a fax from my printer/fax machine. I do not have a landline phone so my Fax has no telephone line to send it over...is it possible for the Fax to dial thru my BB to send a Fax?
    You could possibly set up a wi-fi share on your network, put the faxes into the share and use the BB to connect to the share via wi-fi, select the document you want to send, then dial and send.

Not sure exactly how, but should be possible. Probably and app for that.
    07-06-10 07:39 AM
    Thanks to everybody fo their suggestions; I really appreciate it. I will experiment with BOTH, since I believe the printer is BT as well. POTS, I love that term...never heard it before (used in that sense)!
    07-06-10 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD