I just couldn't go on. My Storm is on its way back to VZW. The Storm's time to shine is not now. I'm back to my beat-up Curve. I'll see what happens in 6 mos.
    12-03-08 01:36 PM
    Ok, thanks.
    12-03-08 01:40 PM
    And we care why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 01:42 PM
    And again:

12-03-08 01:46 PM
    I just couldn't go on. My Storm is on its way back to VZW. The Storm's time to shine is not now. I'm back to my beat-up Curve. I'll see what happens in 6 mos.
    +1, everyone else is in denial - Curve Lives!!!!
    12-03-08 01:59 PM
    i called after a day to return mine and they said i could take mine back to my local verizon store and them nut jobs had the nerve to charge me a 35 dollar restocking fee for those piece of junk phones that don't operate. I don't get it. I am going to talk to a supervisor. The storm was junk. They sent it out like that and expected us to keep it?? I don't think so. I am not that hard up. I need my sanity thank you.
    12-03-08 02:05 PM
    I'm with you, I'm taking mine back later today and porting back to ATT. My issues were strictly hardware related. Dust under the screen, crappy click etc. I might try again in a few months after a few revisions but we'll have to wait and see.
    12-03-08 02:51 PM
    Returned mine already - that sucks that you got dinged for the $35 restocking fee. I don't kbow exactly how - but, I got my fee waived.

The more I read about Storms I think there difinitely was a few "problem" units out there. There's just no way someone using the same POS I had in my hand could defend it as anything more than a complete failure. The ferocity of Storm defenders leads me to believe there must have been a bunch of defective units.

I know bb users are loyal and may be very forgiving and patent with RIM - but, give me a break - not everyone who loves their storm is so blinded by brand loyalty to ignore obvious design flaws.

I am going to assume that I got a defective Storm and give it another opportunity in a few months after some OS upgrades are in.

Good luck in your return.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 03:00 PM
    All i can say is, there are lots of videos on the net (and on these forums) that show how good the storm is working using the current build.
    I don't see any videos of how *bad* it can be. Why hasn't anyone posted a video of how bad their Storm is so we can definitively say "OMG! YOU ARE RIGHT!" ?

I'm happy with my Storm. The first 2-3 hours I was really worried... after a day I was happy. After a week, I felt totally comfortable and wasn't having any problems.
    Now, I wouldn't want to go back to my Curve. Having a large screen is totally worth the *very slight* reduction in typing speed. And all the other apps I have researched and found to make the Storm work even better are just icing on the cake.
    12-03-08 03:25 PM
    My question is...who buys anything at the launch and expects it to be perfect? I don't think anything in the world that is mass produced has came out flawless at the time of launch. The good thing is they notice it's flaws and are making updates. If you expect something to be perfect at launch you're just crazy.

I think before you purchase a new phone that should be a disclaimer. Warning: The phone came out today and may not be perfect by any means. If you make the purchase you accept that and will wait for updates. If you don't accept that then don't waste our time or money and allow others to get the phone.
    12-03-08 03:31 PM
    hey let me know when your going to eat dinner, and probably go to bed. thats just as important as letting us know you are returning your storm.
    12-03-08 03:32 PM
    I feel it is my duty to repeat this in every post about this topic. WHO GIVES A DAM. There I said it again....why are you telling us.....We like our storms, some love our storms. I know I know its a free forum.....But you junk it up with these BS postings...get a grip and move on. the curve is a good phone so enjoy it. and to help you out here is a good link for you to follow.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/

So long.
    12-03-08 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD