First off I checked my bill, and of course I was being billed $44.99 instead of $29.99.
    Here's the kicker (probably more so my own fault and the fault of the Verizon Zoom store, but eh..)..
    When I bought my Storm way back on 11/22 they charged me $349.99, and told me it was because I was not the primary line on my family plan. I thought that sounded wrong, but I was in serious Storm addiction mode, and it was right in front of me activated and everything. I just had to get it.
    When I looked at my bill today I realized I am the primary line. I took this up with Verizon and they told me because it was a Zoom store and not an official Verizon store that I couldn't get the upgrade price.

Grant mainly my own fault, for not listening to common sense, and my lust of the Storm clouding judgement, but I'm still annoyed at being BSed.
    Curious if anyone else had this happen? I know a lot of people seem to be charged the wrong data plan price.
    01-03-09 12:45 PM
    I hate to say it starrygirl but the only reason you got shafted is because you didnt go to a corporate store...

i say this because at the corp store even if your not the primary line if eligeable for an upgrade they will still give you a 50$ credit rather then the 100$ that the primary line gets

Also in regards to the Data plan...blackberrys have 2 specific plans BIS (29.99) & BES (44.99) at the corporate store you would have been placed on the BIS Blackberry data plan from the Get Go... as it goes hand in hand with their system which is why they ask you if your using it for personal use (BIS) or Corporate use (BES) as the BES service is more... however i wouldnt be surprised if the salesman at the Authorized Dealer gets a higher commission on the the BES plan which is probably why you were placed on it either way its sucks and im sorry to hear you had to deal with all the non-sense but i wouldnt be mad at VZW i would be mad at the Auth Dealer!
    Next time got to a corp store or order online or over the phone thru 611...
    01-03-09 12:55 PM
    Yeah I realize it was my own ignorance that got in my way. I assumed that a Verizon Zoom store was the same as a corporate Verizon Store. You know what they say about assuming.

They are crediting my account for charging me for BES. I'm not even that pissed at Verizon, just figured I'd rant since this forum is called Rants & Raves.
    01-03-09 01:28 PM
    yeah this is not Verizons fault. As Pro stated above, this is because you did not go to a Verizon store or even a well known place like Best Buy. I am hesistant to go to non-corporate stores because they are full of BS half the time. I went in to buy a skin one time and they wanted to charge me $40 for the same skin that is sold on CB for $10.
    01-03-09 01:33 PM
    I hate to say it starrygirl but the only reason you got shafted is because you didnt go to a corporate store...

i say this because at the corp store even if your not the primary line if eligeable for an upgrade they will still give you a 50$ credit rather then the 100$ that the primary line gets

Also in regards to the Data plan...blackberrys have 2 specific plans BIS (29.99) & BES (44.99) at the corporate store you would have been placed on the BIS Blackberry data plan from the Get Go... as it goes hand in hand with their system which is why they ask you if your using it for personal use (BIS) or Corporate use (BES) as the BES service is more... however i wouldnt be surprised if the salesman at the Authorized Dealer gets a higher commission on the the BES plan which is probably why you were placed on it either way its sucks and im sorry to hear you had to deal with all the non-sense but i wouldnt be mad at VZW i would be mad at the Auth Dealer!
    Next time got to a corp store or order online or over the phone thru 611...
    No..only the primary line is eligible for new every two credits...its either 50 or $100 depending on your price plan...and when anybody signs up for the first time on a blackberry data plan the systrm automatically put hem on BES 44.99....the real reason u got hosed was cuz some authorized retailors can offer u as good of a price on phones as a corp store

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 01:39 PM
    I bet what that agent did was pocket the extra hundred bucks that he charged...the retailers around here commit commission fraud on a daily basis and overcharge customers like crazy, charge to pay bills and all kinds of crazy stuff, i deal with it everyday at my corporate location. I've talked to some of those reps and they pocket the extra that they charge to customers quite often...it's sad really
    01-03-09 01:50 PM
    I cant tell you how many times ive had to deal with a VZW cust after they go to an agent location.

These agents will do everything possible to make you think they are a Corporate location (Everything but actuially saying "Yes, we're corporate")

They are able to set their own prices, and basically operate as they see fit.
    01-03-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD