Greetings fellow CrackBerry Users... and Abusers! I currently own my third Storm and I must say many of the bugs and hardware problems have been fixed. I'm not saying that each new Storm gets better and better but you know There is one ( I don't wanna say problem but very annoying, Visually Unpleasing... thing! It this thing had been happening on all my Storms. Sometimes when I use the keyboard, both horizontally and vertically, the letters turn into greater Font Sizes! Sometimes one letter gets big and sometimes all the keys get big. I know its not a problem, but i just don't like it, it makes the keyboard feel very awkward. If anyone else has this problem please tell a solution or anything else that might help! oh yea... one more thing, i running on Version .75 and i have not upgraded the firmware on this Storm Unit!
    01-27-09 08:31 PM
    I had the same issue. I had to downgrade back to .76, I could not stand it.
    01-27-09 09:23 PM
    i've had the same problem...not sure how to fix it either...but im just running .76 which came with the phone.
    01-27-09 09:58 PM
    Its actually an issue that has been discussed before...there appears to be two fonts sizes for the keys. If you do a battery pull it should fix the problem. Not much more you can do but that. If you upgrade to .90 you'll notice that all the keys are the bigger font size....really strange. I've had that issue with every OS since getting the phone and like I said .90 has the larger font size, and I haven't noticed the font on the keys randomly getting smaller.
    01-27-09 10:00 PM
    Thanx guys! I hope these issues get fixed soon! U know... if RIM really wants to stay in the game, they should push out the updates really quickly!
    01-27-09 10:55 PM
    I had this issue what did was simply do a battery pull and the issue went away. Since then it has not happened since

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 09:56 AM
    This issue seems to be fixed in OS .90. The letters on the keys are all consistently bigger.
    01-28-09 10:51 AM
    I am running .86 and have had few problems. I have run this os since its leak and I have had issues with the LED light and have had only 3 freezes. All with the camera/video camera.
    Overall I do like this version. Could always be faster though. I do hate the slow transitions between screens but other than that this has been a good build for me.
    I am reluctant to upgrade tp 90 because of all the complaints with that bud and the camera issues since I use the camera consistently.
    I would love to see and use the portrait qwerty though. And oddly enough I think the LED issue fixed itself. So far today I have connected and disconnected my Bluetooth three times and sent received numerous emails/texts and the LED has not gone crazy on me. Weird. Maybe the Storm is alive? Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 11:16 AM
    I have found that on non-.90 releases that have this glitch that it is usually present when using the suretype keyboard. Usually you just need to click over to the numbers and then back to the alpha keyboard and everything is back to the normal size.
    01-28-09 11:20 AM
    Happened to me a few times on .75 only right before I upgraded last week to .90. So far, I haven't seen it reoccur on .90.
    01-28-09 12:19 PM
    I'm running .90 (unfortunately)... The font is BIG when I have the half menu up (with an image in the background). When I have the full menu, the fonts are smaller. weird.

Also, when I pull up the keypad while on the phone (to pay bills, for example), I get random characters, all out of order. Makes it impossible to use my phone to pay bills or use voicemail!
    01-28-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD