Hi,
    I was wondering how to get my exchange mail to push to My Storm? I see that others do it. calander and contacts dont matter to much just emails would be nice. My place of work does not support any of the added blackberry services to my knowlege and if they did it would not be accessable by teachers just administrators. So any help would be greatly appreciated. I did a search and didn't quite understand what I had to do. I have the web address i use to access the exchange i know my password and user name. I just need to know what to do from here.

Abigfish
    11-24-08 11:45 PM
    Run the email setup wizard on the phone and feed it the email address and password you use for your OWA access (Outlook Web Access). That should get it setup. If for some reason your email address is different then your userid, you'll need to go into advanced and edit the info. By default the email setup wizard tries your email (before the @ sign) as your username.
    11-24-08 11:51 PM
    EDIT: ^^^^JRS beat me to it. I was typing slow...

Being that my company has a BES I am not an expert on this, but I do know which direction to point you.

You can try the desktop redirector. That installs on the PC that is connected to the exchanger server, and when an email hits outlook the desktop redirector will fire it off to your device. I think the only downside here is the PC must be on for the emails to forward. Again, I am really familiar with the pros and cons here.

Another option may be blackberry professional? Google that and see what you find.

Also, while I love CrackBerry and it is my FAVORITE forum (mods, I'm not kidding) BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community seems to have more help for the technical stuff.

Good luck, I know you can do it, just never tried. Research the things posted above and you will find a solution.
    Last edited by dhendriksen; 11-24-08 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Added top line.
    11-24-08 11:52 PM
    Thanks I will give it a try I hope it works.

Abigfish
    11-24-08 11:57 PM
    Yeah, redirector kinda blows. I always hated it. I prefer BIS through OWA and then just a manual sync with DM for contacts/calendar if BES is not avilable.
    11-24-08 11:58 PM
    Yeah, redirector kinda blows. I always hated it. I prefer BIS through OWA and then just a manual sync with DM for contacts/calendar if BES is not avilable.
    Wow maybe you can help me then? you seem to be the few who know about the redirector. any ideas of where i can get it? i have seen it before on a friends computer a while back but he doesnt remember either!

also can you sync contacts using OWA?
    11-25-08 01:14 AM
    Wow maybe you can help me then? you seem to be the few who know about the redirector. any ideas of where i can get it? i have seen it before on a friends computer a while back but he doesnt remember either!

also can you sync contacts using OWA?
    BIS only does email. IF you want wireless sync you can use astrasync or BBerrysync or use a BES.
    11-25-08 08:54 AM
    Maybe its me but I installed Blackberry Desktop Manager on my PC at work. Told it to use Blackberry Enterprise Server when it was installing and now my BB Storm is connected wireless to my work email, contacts, tasks and calendar and I am not logged in at work as other people use the same PC as me ( there are 4 that share a PC).
    11-25-08 09:01 AM
    How about this OWA setup:

Server: exchange.company.com
    User: [email protected]

How would I set THAT up ?

It would be GREAT to get my work email on my phone. Using the browser is difficult...
    Last edited by kcken; 11-25-08 at 09:22 AM.
    11-25-08 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD