Hi, you've probably all been asked this loads and I've read some forums posts and tried software but ive not been able to find a solution or answer.

Basically Ive just got myself a Storm2 and was told by my provider that I could sync my emails from outlook to my device and back like a windows mobile device. As ive found out this isnt the case, I really like the phone and dont want to hand it back over to swap for another device but if I dont find a solution then I wont have a choice.

My question is, is there any software available that will sync my device to my computer the same as a WM device does through activesync?

I have tried Astrasync and Notifysync both which throw errors up and dont work, can anyone help or give me a definitive NO so I can decide what to do please

Thanks in advance
    Ben
    03-10-10 11:40 AM
    I don't have any problems syncing outlook to mine. No software required.

Set it up with BB desktop manager, to your existing email, enter the password-done.
    Last edited by jbdale; 03-10-10 at 11:46 AM.
    03-10-10 11:43 AM
    Blackberry Desktom Manager works fine for contacts, tasks, and calendar sync. Ive never tried syncing emails bacause all my email accounts push them straight to my S2.

have you tried the desktop manager?
    03-10-10 11:45 AM
    Microsoft Outlook works great
    03-10-10 11:46 AM
    1 Be sure you have the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on your desktop computer already.

2 Start the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

3 Connect your BlackBerry with your computer via USB.

4 Click on Synchronize.

BlackBerry Desktop Manager

5 Activate the Synchronize organizer data checkbox.

BlackBerry Synchronize

6 Click on the Configuration tab and click on the Configure synchÖ button.

BlackBerry Synchronize Configuration

7 Select all data checkboxes you want your BlackBerry being synchronized to.

BlackBerry Device Configuration

8 By selecting the data you have to select the program that stores your data on your desktop computer. As I am using Outlook from Microsoft I have selected this program. But you can select another one as well. It just depends on the program you are running.

9 Thatís it. Now go back and you can select the Synchronize now button at the synchronize dialog.

BlackBerry Synchronize Now

10 If you want your BlackBerry being synchronized every time you connect it to your desktop computer you better select Synchronize the items selected above
    03-10-10 11:47 AM
    You cannot sycn email the way you thought you could, but you can sync the rest of outlook through the Blackbery Desktop Manager.
    03-10-10 11:48 AM
    Hi,

The blackberry software works fine for contacts, calendar and tasks but it doesnt work for emails is there any way of getting emails working or am i missing something in the setup?
    03-10-10 11:49 AM
    Hi,
    doesnt work for emails is there any way of getting emails working or am i missing something in the setup?
    You are doing something wrong, it works just fine. What are trying to acomplish with the emails?
    03-10-10 11:51 AM
    on your phone go to >setup then got to >email setup and add all the email accounts you want
    03-10-10 11:55 AM
    I must be doing something wrong then. I have setup my emails on the device and they work fine but when I send things from the blackberry I want to be able to come home and have it sync with my laptop so I have a record of the sent items, or read items on my laptop.

When I setup the desktop manager I can select my calendar, contacts and tasks but I cannot find any option for emails. The only email option I have is "reconcile email messages" but this is greyed out
    03-10-10 12:24 PM
    There is no "real" solution for sent items, unles you are on BES.

The way I get around it is that I BCC myself on any email I send, and then drag the email to my sent folder when I get home.
    03-10-10 01:47 PM
    I have reinstalled desktop manager and selected the work option which has given me access to use my personal email address and sync with outlook. Im just trying to work out how to get everything sync'd up but its looking more promising
    03-10-10 02:04 PM
    I have set everything up, my outlook profile is there and the contacts, calendar and tasks are syncronising however my emails dont seem to be. I have sent emails from my device to another email address which works fine but when I plug the usb cable in and sync it doesnt copy anything between either device.......any ideas?
    03-10-10 02:31 PM
    No Issue here either, Storm2 tied to my Outlook, ISP, and Gmail accounts all push well and if I delete on my S2 and tell it to delete off the server works just fine.

One of the reasons I bought a BB was the phone and email capabilities, they were the most important to me, in my opinion no other phone comes close. Hopefully new Webkit will be available soon and that will solve the slow browser, compared to others (android and iPhone), but I am old school and use my laptop when needing to to heavy internet surfing. But will be vey satisfied when new BB browser is available.
    03-10-10 02:45 PM
    It must be something Im doing then, my email is all POP3......thats not the problem is it? I have been told I may need an exhange server setting up so it uses that?
    03-10-10 03:39 PM
    Anyone know why Outlook isn't showing up as an option in the synchronize setup in Desktop manager?

How do I get it there?

Thanks.
    06-11-10 09:52 PM
    Make sure you have the phone set to 'sync wirelessly' in options after you set it up in BB Desktop Manager. After you set it up, all syncing is wireless. Exakple, I add notes or contacts on outlook, it syncs automatically to my phone like activesync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 10:13 AM
    Make sure you have the phone set to 'sync wirelessly' in options after you set it up in BB Desktop Manager. After you set it up, all syncing is wireless. Exakple, I add notes or contacts on outlook, it syncs automatically to my phone like activesync.

Where do you find the "sync wirelessly" option?
    06-12-10 10:59 AM
    I recall it being in the desktop manager settings while going through the sync wizard.

06-12-10 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD