06-01-09 09:10 PM
308 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I would like to take and exacto blade and cut out the clear plastic from the opening and leave it attacked so that the case isn't loose. Has anyone else done this?
    02-05-09 08:19 PM
    Question regarding the screen-

Should you remove your screen protector on your storm if you use the Otterbox? Will it effect the screen?
    02-05-09 08:46 PM
    I would like to take and exacto blade and cut out the clear plastic from the opening and leave it attacked so that the case isn't loose. Has anyone else done this?
    I removed the entire piece of plastic (was easy to do) and the case itself still fits quite snugly, and gives a little closer access to the screen which is especially good around the bezel area. The only 'feel' difference you will see is when you lock it into the holster - it is a little less snug then before, but still very secure.
    02-05-09 09:21 PM
    I emailed their CS to make sure they will send me a redesigned replacement piece, which Marcie confirmed for me. In the interim, I removed the clear plastic from over the display and reassembled it. Works perfectly fine like this for me (although this will void the warranty). The only thing I noticed is that it is not as snug in the holster, but it is still secure. All in all, am happy with it now...
    Have a few quick questions for you. My case comes in tomorrow, and if I need to get on this list for a revised one how did you word you email to them? Did you come right out and ask to be on the list? What kind of info did you need to give them (name, address, or a receipt number#)?

Thanks
    02-05-09 10:10 PM
    I emailed them and included everything you mentioned. I also asked nicely to keep what I have and be put on the list.
    02-05-09 10:20 PM
    Have a few quick questions for you. My case comes in tomorrow, and if I need to get on this list for a revised one how did you word you email to them? Did you come right out and ask to be on the list? What kind of info did you need to give them (name, address, or a receipt number#)?

Thanks
    I mentioned that I had the same issue with typing that others have said they had and inquired about the availability of the redesigned case to the original owners. They said no problem, they had my info (probably from xreffing my email addy) and would advise when it is available to ship out. Very good CS in my opinion...
    02-05-09 10:28 PM
    I emailed them and included everything you mentioned. I also asked nicely to keep what I have and be put on the list.
    How long did it take for them to reply back to your email? I too would like to remove the clear screen and leave on my I.S. on the screen untill the new one comes out. But I've been following this thread and some have waited up to four days for a email back. Some also with a negative outcome too.
    02-05-09 10:30 PM
    No email back from.

I got my case today.

Hummmmmmm I'll call tomorrow.
    02-05-09 10:55 PM
    I removed the plastic from my case as well, and now it works perfectly. Otterbox is honestly a perfect case for my use.

My name is on the list for the updated version. Hopefully it comes out soon, so I can have the screen protected as well.
    02-06-09 08:21 AM
    My name is also on the updated version list. I installed an IS last night and removed the plastic cover on my OB, it works perfectly now.
    02-06-09 08:53 AM
    I popped out the plastic.

I removed the speaker covers.

And I also removed the magnet. (It caused mt phone to freak out well awoken)

It's a cool case now!
    02-06-09 10:05 AM
    UPDATE

Otterbox is allowing me to keep my case and will ship me the redesigned case when it becomes available at no charge! Exceptional service from Otterbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 12:35 PM
    Talked to Natasha at Otterbox this morning. Maybe 2 weeks for the redesign. Told me I can either send it back or they'll send me the new version free of charge...She also told me I could keep the bad one. just FYI...responded to my email also.
    02-06-09 02:09 PM
    my guess is that they are going to send us a revised top piece only. which is fine with me.
    02-06-09 02:44 PM
    Talked to Natasha at Otterbox this morning. Maybe 2 weeks for the redesign. Told me I can either send it back or they'll send me the new version free of charge...She also told me I could keep the bad one. just FYI...responded to my email also.
    I spoke to Natasha and Harrison Dimon yesterday afternoon and was advised the same thing. two to three weeks.
    02-06-09 02:51 PM
    I LOVE this case!!! Once it's updated it will be perfect for me. No worries about drops, bumps, scratches, light rain and dust under the screen! Highly recommended and I can't wait for the revision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 03:43 PM
    It will be an entirely new case.
    02-06-09 04:04 PM
    We really appreciate all the efforts in making this right. OB is definitely in my top company list and I have already spoke highly of OB to a few friends who own other supported phones.

Will the new case look similar?
    02-06-09 04:33 PM
    Wanna beta this one?
    02-06-09 04:44 PM
    I have to say to make this one functional I had to remove the clear plastic cover. Now I still have good protection and it is functional.

Can't wait for the new one though.
    02-06-09 05:01 PM
    I'm going to keep an eye on this tread. The Storm is on the list for my next phone. I'm with Rogers so I'm hoping the rumors about them getting it are true. But I'm in construction and this case will be something I will need if I get this phone.

I like how Otterbox stepped up to improve the product.

James
    02-06-09 05:01 PM
    ok i read all 10 pages and it looks like some of you guys are having screen issues with this. this is by far the coolest case i have ever seen for this phone. i have owned 3 cases and still havent found one i like until seeing this. i have dust under my screen bad and my new phone will be here tuesday. i wanted to order this and use it asap on the new phone to prevent dust from getting in but im worried about these issues you guys are having happening to me as well. i dont want to be a pain in the a** after i get it and find it so hard to use and be requesting a new one. can someone exlain my options? i know waiting is the easiest but by that time ill have even more dust under my screen and be needing another new phone. thanks!
    02-06-09 05:04 PM
    Yes, the new case will be pretty much identical, just minor adjustments. Unfortunately, we don't give out tester units currently. However, that's a great suggestion for the future if people can provide constructive feedback (and not just request free stuff, ha ha). Definitely something to look into. Suggestions? Do you know other companies that do that?

As for ordering the case, it shouldn't be too much longer till we have the new ones if you can hold out.
    02-06-09 05:13 PM
    Yes, the new case will be pretty much identical, just minor adjustments. Unfortunately, we don't give out tester units currently. However, that's a great suggestion for the future if people can provide constructive feedback (and not just request free stuff, ha ha). Definitely something to look into. Suggestions? Do you know other companies that do that?

As for ordering the case, it shouldn't be too much longer till we have the new ones if you can hold out.
    As you prolly know, many companies send out demo units for review. Usually to bloggers or folks/sites known to be well read.

I don't know how Otterbox does it's quality assurance reviews, and you can tell it was somewhat suprising to many on this thread that you released a product that had some issues, but you've got a handful of people here that respect Otterbox and have a vested interest in your designs succeeding.

I'd suggest you pull a few folks from this list and offer them the opportunity to review and give some feedback. I know I will be purchasing a Defender for my Storm, and was just about to until Ken revealed some issues. I can't speak for others, but I do know if Otterbox were to solicit my input on their new product, I'd be more than happy to pay for it after review. I'm not after freebies, just a solid piece of protection from a reputable company to make my tech investment as secure as possible.
    02-06-09 05:23 PM
    As you prolly know, many companies send out demo units for review. Usually to bloggers or folks/sites known to be well read.

I don't know how Otterbox does it's quality assurance reviews, and you can tell it was somewhat suprising to many on this thread that you released a product that had some issues, but you've got a handful of people here that respect Otterbox and have a vested interest in your designs succeeding.

I'd suggest you pull a few folks from this list and offer them the opportunity to review and give some feedback. I know I will be purchasing a Defender for my Storm, and was just about to until Ken revealed some issues. I can't speak for others, but I do know if Otterbox were to solicit my input on their new product, I'd be more than happy to pay for it after review. I'm not after freebies, just a solid piece of protection from a reputable company to make my tech investment as secure as possible.

+1 to that. im not looking for a freebie either, but id be up for providing a 100% honest review on this is i could test it. i have had 3 cases so far and i hate all of them. this one is the hottest one i have seen yet, and im willing to wait for the next version to come out if i have to. but i am a beta tester for multiple companies and id love giving reviews and feedback. this is an EXCELLENT idea blackBerry bOb. what do you say otterbox? can we give them a try?
    02-06-09 05:58 PM
308 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD