06-01-09 09:10 PM
308 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Ordered mine today...wish I would have seen the coupon codes! Maybe I'll shoot 'em an email and see if they'll still apply it.

I have SO been waiting for this...Otterbox is AWESOME!

Yea, I was stupid for not coming here first. I did the same thing and ordered it w/o the coupon. Man I and a DUMB Sh**! For how many years that i read these forums and finally joined you would have thought that I would came her first. DUMB SH**DUMB SH**DUMB SH**DUMB SH**DUMB SH**!!!!!!!
    02-02-09 08:08 PM
    I just emailed Otter Box my review and told them they have an issue with clicking around the edge of the screen. They need to make a revision. I MIGHT just suck it up and keep it, I'll have to give it a day or two. I'll post their response here.
    One would think they tested this.. perhaps they did and whoever was responsible for the decision felt it was a workable solution. I hope they respond and say they are working on a revision.

On the other hand, I'd hate to wait another month or two, whilst the Sena Flip is staring at me saying buy me.. buy me.
    Last edited by blackBerry bOb; 02-02-09 at 08:26 PM.
    02-02-09 08:21 PM
    I am returning the otterbox afet 1 hour of use. Puting the case on makes it very hard to hit the space bar in landscape mode. Had to change the way I type. Very dissapointed!!!!!!
    02-02-09 08:23 PM
    I just emailed Otter Box my review and told them they have an issue with clicking around the edge of the screen. They need to make a revision. I MIGHT just suck it up and keep it, I'll have to give it a day or two. I'll post their response here.
    Hmm, I wonder if they'll take back the old cases if they do decide to make a revision. Like I said the case they made for the Touch had the same issue but it was workable. I'll post some feedback when I try mine out tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 08:44 PM
    One would think they tested this.. perhaps they did and whoever was responsible for the decision felt it was a workable solution. I hope they respond and say they are working on a revision.

On the other hand, I'd hate to wait another month or two, whilst the Sena Flip is staring at me saying buy me.. buy me.
    The part that bothers me is, after studying it, there is no reason the couldn't have left more room on the edges of the screen. The only explanation I can see is they were trying to block the border around the screen because it looks nice.

I'm getting really tired of saying how much I really like something except for 1 thing...
    02-02-09 09:10 PM
    My storm in unusable in the otter box case. I even tried using the storm in just the bottom half of the case and it was sluggish as **** (Unusable) I took the storm out of the case and it worked fine. Its got to be the magnet in the case.
    02-02-09 09:58 PM
    My storm in unusable in the otter box case. I even tried using the storm in just the bottom half of the case and it was sluggish as **** (Unusable) I took the storm out of the case and it worked fine. Its got to be the magnet in the case.
    I don't think it is the magnet in the case as the magnet would be only in the holster. I wonder if the case applies more pressure on the storm causing it to be unresponsive or not usable. I will have mine on Tuesday(today). I'll see if I have the same issues as the rest.
    02-03-09 12:10 AM
    Cancelled my Otterbox in Australia (not here for another 2 weeks) till I see some better reviews or till someone gets some feedback from the company themselves.

You can order them in Australia from Press Digital Australia Mobile Computing, Tablet PC Case, Barcoding, PDA, Pocket PC, Laptops - Press Digital Australia for $99 and about $7 delivery which is cheaper than the States + Postage ($120 US all up, ouch)
    02-03-09 12:40 AM
    In the youtube video the gentleman made mention that is skin cover had to be removed. I also read that another member is having response problems via the screen.

So I was thinking maybe if the screen protector is also removed it will respond better?
    02-03-09 09:20 AM
    Would love to hear other reviews as well. I want to see this case succeed since it really doesn't look as bulky as the first pictures we saw.
    Thanks everyone.
    02-03-09 10:32 AM
    Don't Buy The Otterbox for the Storm !!
    I took the sreen protector off. It fits very well in the case and looks good but in landscape mode all the buttons on the bottom row do not respond to touch. It is not that they are hard to press they just don't hghlight. From email screen reply, forward, delete and the scroll buttons don't work at all. And when the key board is up the shift, symbol and space key stop working. Again this in not that you have to hit it at some weird angle they just don't work. I have even tried using different fingers same results. Don't buy this it is seriousy flawed. I reboxing and sending it back.
    Last edited by bman99; 02-03-09 at 11:19 AM.
    02-03-09 11:01 AM
    The Sena Flip Case Has The Same Problem. I Had It And The Space Bar And Keys On The Sides Are Hard To Use.
    02-03-09 11:08 AM
    Ken,

Do you have time to check the bottom row of screen keys in portrait/suretype/multi to see what you think?

Also, can you or have you taken a few photos w/flash to see if the flash washes out the pic due to the covering?

Thanks!
    02-03-09 11:14 AM
    Don't Buy The Otterbox for the Storm !!
    I took the sreen protector off. It fits very well in the case and looks good but in portrait mode all the buttons on the bottom row do not respond to touch. It is not that they are hard to press they just don't hghlight. From email screen reply, forward, delete and the scroll buttons don't work at all. And when the key board is up the shift, symbol and space key stop working. Again this in not that you have to hit it at some weird angle they just don't work. I have even tried using different fingers same results. Don't buy this it is seriousy flawed. I reboxing and sending it back.
    I did not have a big problem in portrait mode, but did have a huge issue in landscape mode trying to press the space button. You have to contact ottebox and get approval for sending it back, so I am waiting for an email back from them, and it hopefully I can find a case that works better.
    02-03-09 11:14 AM
    Sorry ment to say landscape mode.
    02-03-09 11:19 AM
    Sorry ment to say landscape mode.
    Did you contact otterbox yet? On the reciept, it says you must contact them before any returns can be done. I emailed them last night, and am still waiting for a reply. I also noticed that the silicone did not have a tight fit with the hard plastic case around the edges. I was wondering if you noticed that to. Made the whole thing look a little cheesy.
    02-03-09 11:22 AM
    this is really dissappointing, I had so been looking forward to this
    02-03-09 11:30 AM
    this is really dissappointing, I had so been looking forward to this
    +1. I'm hoping we all get some more input, and also see what OB has to say to some of these folks.

I also am waiting to see if these were made in "lots" and perhaps there are some that have issues (wrt tightness) and others that don't.
    02-03-09 11:36 AM
    Yes I contacted them by phone. They asked for my order number, confirmed my e-mail address and as I was writing this I recieved the e-mail with the return info. I explained to them the issue I was having and that was it, nothing else from them they just e-mailed me the return Authorization number. They don't refund the shipping charges or pay for the return. Lesson learned I will never buy anything until I have read reviews from actual users.
    Last edited by bman99; 02-03-09 at 11:42 AM.
    02-03-09 11:39 AM
    everyone is knocking this case, but has anyone had good luck with it? Mine will be here tomorrow and I am still going to give it a try.
    02-03-09 11:45 AM
    maybe I should just refuse the shipment, to avoid the return shipping charges?
    02-03-09 11:48 AM
    everyone is knocking this case, but has anyone had good luck with it? Mine will be here tomorrow and I am still going to give it a try.
    Good luck hope it works for you! Let us know how it works out for ya.
    02-03-09 11:49 AM
    maybe I should just refuse the shipment, to avoid the return shipping charges?
    I'd try it out Doc. You may not have the issues or same sensitivities that others have.

And if you need hard protection, there isn't much else out there right now.
    02-03-09 11:50 AM
    Same here! Mine is arriving Thursday. If we lose the shipping back and forth we might as well try it.

I wonder if it could be altered, when I bought one of the hard cases it was pushing on the screen so I used my dremel and removed a lot of excess material and it works great now.

So maybe, it just needs a small adjustment?
    02-03-09 11:50 AM
    I did not want to knock this case. I was really looking forward to it. I just had to state the serious flaws I found with it, and let everyone know before they bought it. If they ever fix it and people give it good reviews, I would purchase it again at that time. As for now, it is much to frustrating to use.
    02-03-09 11:52 AM
308 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD