06-01-09 09:10 PM
308 ... 111213
tools
    I would like to jump on this thread just to say that I absolutely LOVE my OtterBox. Yes, we have had some issues with them, (We own three) but in general they have not been "Show Stoppers".

I spent a few minutes after I got it setting up the hover/select time, and some typing options, and I have had ~very~ little problems with it since!

But... there is indeed a storm brewing on the horizon. (ouch, bad pun)

I will preface this with ... yes, we have had the same sound quality issues as many others. My girlfriends seems to be the worst, but I think I will see what I can do about opening up that microphone hole just a little. I *do* want to get the new versions when they are shipped, so I will be sending a copy of this letter to Otterbox.

My problem seems to be unique. My Otterbox sleeve seems to be stretching itself to the point of not being usable.

I have not caught it on anything or pulled on that sections when I have had to remove the battery for a reboot.

It seems to be making itself worse every time I place it in the holster.

I have taken some pics to illustrate the issue.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...retched-01.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...retched-02.jpg

And here is what it looks like when it is in the holster. Obviously this is a problem.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...retched-03.jpg

So, you can see my issue pretty plainly.

We have had our Otterboxes less than a month.

Is this a known issue... or have I managed to do something special?
    05-10-09 11:18 PM
    I would like to jump on this thread just to say that I absolutely LOVE my OtterBox. Yes, we have had some issues with them, (We own three) but in general they have not been "Show Stoppers".

I spent a few minutes after I got it setting up the hover/select time, and some typing options, and I have had ~very~ little problems with it since!

But... there is indeed a storm brewing on the horizon. (ouch, bad pun)

I will preface this with ... yes, we have had the same sound quality issues as many others. My girlfriends seems to be the worst, but I think I will see what I can do about opening up that microphone hole just a little. I *do* want to get the new versions when they are shipped, so I will be sending a copy of this letter to Otterbox.

My problem seems to be unique. My Otterbox sleeve seems to be stretching itself to the point of not being usable.

I have not caught it on anything or pulled on that sections when I have had to remove the battery for a reboot.

It seems to be making itself worse every time I place it in the holster.

I have taken some pics to illustrate the issue.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...retched-01.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...retched-02.jpg

And here is what it looks like when it is in the holster. Obviously this is a problem.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...retched-03.jpg

So, you can see my issue pretty plainly.

We have had our Otterboxes less than a month.

Is this a known issue... or have I managed to do something special?
    Feel free to contact customer service, customer.service@otterbox.com or 888-695-8820. I'm sure they'd be happy to send you out replacement silicone at no charge. Thanks!
    05-11-09 09:47 AM
    Yes, so I see.

They opened and closed issue 40519 without contacting me.

I am so not impressed right now.

Feel free to contact customer service, customer.service@otterbox.com or 888-695-8820. I'm sure they'd be happy to send you out replacement silicone at no charge. Thanks!
    05-13-09 11:41 AM
    I wish i found out this thread before i purchased my case. Oh well, im pretty satisfied with it anyway.
    05-13-09 11:44 AM
    Otterbox customer service has now contacted me again, and the problem has been resolved! Thank you good folks at Otterbox!
    05-14-09 12:58 PM
    First, thank you to everyone for your patience. We’re so glad to hear the recent revision of the OtterBox Defender Series™ for BlackBerry Storm case is meeting the needs of so many customers. We also appreciate the compliments, thank you.

As many of you know firsthand from working with our customer service department, we value feedback and strive to make the OtterBox experience a positive one for all our customers. For those of you still experiencing sound quality concerns with your BlackBerry Storm case, our engineering department has been working towards a solution. We want customers to know we are dedicated to making things right. Currently, there are two ways for customers to proceed:

The immediate solution for those experiencing reduced sound quality is to pop out the camera screen on the back of the case. Please note this will expose your camera and flash to elements such as dust and scratches, but it should improve the sound quality.

We will be replacing the back camera screen to one that has a small slit or “vented window” opening to help eliminate a dampening sound effect. This won’t completely seal off the camera and flash area, but it should provide adequate protection from the elements and scratches.

If you wish to have your case replaced and you purchased it from We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com customer service would be happy to assist. We’re creating a custom landing page for replacements Storm Inquiries // OtterBox.com. Please fill out all required fields. Please do not submit multiple forms. Customer service will automatically send you a replacement case in a couple weeks.

As always, thanks for the support!
    06-01-09 12:45 PM
    I should invest in one of these.
    06-01-09 02:08 PM
    First, thank you to everyone for your patience. We’re so glad to hear the recent revision of the OtterBox Defender Series™ for BlackBerry Storm case is meeting the needs of so many customers. We also appreciate the compliments, thank you.

As many of you know firsthand from working with our customer service department, we value feedback and strive to make the OtterBox experience a positive one for all our customers. For those of you still experiencing sound quality concerns with your BlackBerry Storm case, our engineering department has been working towards a solution. We want customers to know we are dedicated to making things right. Currently, there are two ways for customers to proceed:

The immediate solution for those experiencing reduced sound quality is to pop out the camera screen on the back of the case. Please note this will expose your camera and flash to elements such as dust and scratches, but it should improve the sound quality.

We will be replacing the back camera screen to one that has a small slit or “vented window” opening to help eliminate a dampening sound effect. This won’t completely seal off the camera and flash area, but it should provide adequate protection from the elements and scratches.

If you wish to have your case replaced and you purchased it from We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com customer service would be happy to assist. We’re creating a custom landing page for replacements Storm Inquiries // OtterBox.com. Please fill out all required fields. Please do not submit multiple forms. Customer service will automatically send you a replacement case in a couple weeks.

As always, thanks for the support!
    Thanks Otter!!! Your company is a stellar example of GREAT customer Service. Maybe you could give Verizon some lessons. I highly recommend the case for the Storm. And again GREAT Customer Service
    06-01-09 09:10 PM
308 ... 111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD