06-01-09 09:10 PM
308 ... 10111213
tools
    you can get it on ebay for like 35
    if you do that Otterbox won't exchange it from what I understand
    03-02-09 07:59 PM
    Fixed the mic issue!

I drilled a hole straight through the front to the mic and it's perfect.

I hope otterbox is listening! My version doesn't look the greatest but this should be easy to integrate the design. Looks bad but works. I'm going to hand file it some. This pic is just after the drill bit. It's not as simple as drilling a hole straight down, you have to follow the inside contour of the case and make a half circle.
    Ken
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to pass it onto engineering. I know I've mentioned this before but please note that altering the case voids the warranty.
    03-03-09 02:39 PM
    Any word when the redesigned case will be available? I have the original and waiting anxiously for the replacement...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 03-06-09 at 04:50 PM.
    03-06-09 04:48 PM
    Yeah the Otter Box is my "I'm going drinking" case lol. This case can take just about anything when it comes to damage! Just can't wait for the update!

03-06-09 07:46 PM
    Any word when the redesigned case will be available? I have the original and waiting anxiously for the replacement...

YES YES YES... isn't the revised case ready yet? Getting impatient.... need some good protection for this Storm... already dropped it and scuffed it once... waiting on Otter Box. Please get the revised case out soon!!!

Yes, I am impatient LOL
    03-09-09 01:04 AM
    Thanks everyone for your patience, we want to get it right so it's taking a little bit longer! I will keep this forum posted and anyone on our customer service lists will be notified. Thanks!
    03-10-09 03:50 PM
    I really don't mind how long it is taking, as long as they get it right. I would much prefer a product that works than another faulty one.
    03-10-09 09:33 PM
    Any estimate on updated case?

03-18-09 09:50 AM
    OK - I had one and it had issues with the sensativity of the screen and the plastic shield over the screen would stick in the center. I would not recommend. USE A SCREEN PROTECTOR AND BUY A VAJA CASE (AWSOME PRODUCT) Steve
    03-18-09 07:11 PM
    *bump*

Any update?
    03-26-09 09:07 AM
    In the main forum for storm there is a thread saying the redesign is done. Nothing on there website though and I never bought the original so not on the email list. Any chance of an "official" reply from otterBox

03-26-09 02:59 PM
    I emailed them, lets here there response.
    03-26-09 08:11 PM
    UPDATE!!!

I just received an order confirmation from Otterbox that states my new free redesigned case was shipped today! What an outstanding company!!! They have earned a lifetime customer from me! Can't wait to get it!

03-28-09 02:58 PM
    Hi Everyone--Yes! We just started to send out the new Storm cases at the end of last week. For anyone signed up on our replacement lists you should get an email from customer service and a new case will be sent out shortly. Again, any questions can be directed to customer service at customer.service@otterbox.com or 888-695-8820.

Thanks for all your patience while we worked to make this product right!

Also, be sure to share your OtterBox adventures on Planet OtterBox (Planet Otterbox), it's a site where customers can show off their OtterBox adventures for cash and shopping spree prizes!

Best,
    Kristin Golliher
    Public Relations Executive, OtterBox
    03-30-09 11:07 AM
    Thanks Kristin, for the update. Just got an email from Natasha this morning.....I've been anxiously awaiting the new design so I can type again..LOL. I train retrievers and carve decoy for a living, so I NEED MY OTTERBOX !!!!!!! My phones don't make it long without 'em....

Thanks again!!
    03-30-09 12:44 PM
    Thanks Kristin, for the update. Just got an email from Natasha this morning.....I've been anxiously awaiting the new design so I can type again..LOL. I train retrievers and carve decoy for a living, so I NEED MY OTTERBOX !!!!!!! My phones don't make it long without 'em....

Thanks again!!
    Awesome! Glad we could help.

Thanks for the support!!!
    03-30-09 12:52 PM
    All I can say is awesome customer service . Wish more companies were as good as Otterbox . A customer service rep called me this afternoon & told me my new Otterbox would be shipped out soon . Got an e-mail 10 min later saying it was shipping out today .

Thanks Otterbox you folks rock !
    03-30-09 07:21 PM
    All I can say is awesome customer service . Wish more companies were as good as Otterbox .
    Thanks Otterbox you folks rock !
    Indeed!!! There will ALWAYS be issues here and there....its how these issues are handled that seperate the "men from the boys"

well done otterbox !!!
    03-30-09 08:40 PM
    Thanks everyone! We really appreciate all the comments and feedback. Enjoy the new cases!
    03-31-09 08:57 AM
    I've been waiting for a long while for the redesigned case to come out, and finally happy to have the redesigned version in my hand. I have one major issue though. No one can hear me at all. I've called multiple people and everyone is giving me the same complaint. I've taken the case apart and put it back together to see if I had messed up somewhere and still no luck (it's pretty simple to install anyway). I really hate to complain about this case because I'm not really the kind of person to do so, but I really need this case to function correctly. I'm leaving for Iraq soon and this case seemed perfect for my needs. The only way people were able to hear me was if I took my phone away from my ear, but even then they told me that I sounded extremely distant. They could only hear me normally when I aimed the phone towards my mouth, as if I was yelling into it or something. I've searched the forums for a while now and it seems no one else is having this problem at this magnitude. If there is anyone else that is having this issue, please reply.
    One last thing, I tried calling Otterbox's customer support for help, and they couldn't hear me at all. I also tried Xbox Live support (with the voice commands) and I couldn't advance through the prompts as the machine couldn't recognize my voice.
    04-02-09 10:46 PM
    I've been waiting for a long while for the redesigned case to come out, and finally happy to have the redesigned version in my hand. I have one major issue though. No one can hear me at all. I've called multiple people and everyone is giving me the same complaint. I've taken the case apart and put it back together to see if I had messed up somewhere and still no luck (it's pretty simple to install anyway). I really hate to complain about this case because I'm not really the kind of person to do so, but I really need this case to function correctly. I'm leaving for Iraq soon and this case seemed perfect for my needs. The only way people were able to hear me was if I took my phone away from my ear, but even then they told me that I sounded extremely distant. They could only hear me normally when I aimed the phone towards my mouth, as if I was yelling into it or something. I've searched the forums for a while now and it seems no one else is having this problem at this magnitude. If there is anyone else that is having this issue, please reply.
    One last thing, I tried calling Otterbox's customer support for help, and they couldn't hear me at all. I also tried Xbox Live support (with the voice commands) and I couldn't advance through the prompts as the machine couldn't recognize my voice.
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm having our engineering department look into this, it's the first I've heard of it. I'll let you know what I find out. Additionally, we guarantee all of our cases. If you aren't completely satisfied you are more than welcome to return it if you purchased it directly from us, 888-695-8820 or customer.service@otterbox.com.
    04-07-09 09:40 AM
    yes the case rotates their is a problem with hearing through it and people can't hear you i just got the updated version it is hard to hear though too and people still can't hear me
    04-07-09 12:02 PM
    I also have this issue.

Somewhere earlier in this thread someone posted pics of a hole they drilled in the case. I did the same and it worked like a charm.

Now I have my redesigned case. I was hoping they would have fixed that issue, but it looks like I need to get my dremel out again.

Also, the new case is no where near as water resistant as the old one. So drilling another little hole won't hurt that.

Of course, that will void your warranty.
    04-10-09 07:09 AM
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm having our engineering department look into this, it's the first I've heard of it. I'll let you know what I find out. Additionally, we guarantee all of our cases. If you aren't completely satisfied you are more than welcome to return it if you purchased it directly from us, 888-695-8820 or customer.service@otterbox.com.
    I did end up calling you guys. The rep told me to put the case on while on the phone with him. Once I put it on for him, he found it to be very odd that I'm having this issue. He told me that he would e-mail me once they have found something out.
    04-10-09 09:32 AM
    Just wanted to update everyone that our engineers are still working on the Storm case. Since a majority of customers with the new revision have been satisfied with the case, it has been difficult to get to the bottom of things. As information develops on this end we will be sure to keep you all posted.

Thanks!
    04-27-09 12:56 PM
308 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD