I would say yes, it would help. The plastic screenguard is pretty tight against the buttons.
    Cool thanks. I think I'm going to have to pick one up. The buttons were fine until I started using the OEM leather case from VZW. I got it about a week ago and I noticed that the buttons were dragging a bit but I didn't pay any attention to it. Today I noticed the end button was wiggling a little loose.

Hopefully the otterbox will help. I don't care too much about the size as long as my Storm is protected.
    02-25-09 12:48 AM
    my friend had the same problem on her blackberry with the red button. She took it back and they gave her a new one, no questions asked.
    02-25-09 07:00 AM
    A suggestion for you guys. Can you make a mount to attach the phone securely to a windshield with an integrated power cord (cig lighter). Also can you design a desktop cradle for the storm so that it doesn't have to be removed from the case.

I'm working on a car mount for mine. I will post pics when I'm done but probably will be a bit.

Had my first TRUE test of the Otterbox yesterday. I dropped my phone from shoulder height onto my concrete shop floor. It came to rest face down after 1 bounce. I was scared to flip it over. Passed with flying colors!!!!! Phone didn't reset, not even a visable mark on the case.

I doubt any other protection out there would have saved it. So it's already paid for itself!

Ken
    02-25-09 07:23 AM
    A suggestion for you guys. Can you make a mount to attach the phone securely to a windshield with an integrated power cord (cig lighter). Also can you design a desktop cradle for the storm so that it doesn't have to be removed from the case.
    Thanks for your suggestions, it's actually the first request I've heard for a mount or cradle. We do make several mount options for our iPod and PDA case lines, but not for the BlackBerry devices. It is something to add for consideration, but probably not in high demand. As for the cradle, we've already addressed this with the silicone silicone plug which opens so you can charge right through the case so there probably wouldn't be a need to make this accessory. We do appreciate the comments and I'll be sure to pass them on!

Thanks,
    Kristin Golliher
    Public Relations Executive
    02-25-09 10:52 AM
    any updates, or news on a estimate release date?
    02-26-09 01:32 PM
    any updates, or news on a estimate release date?
    bconn's probably going to end up eliciting the same reply ("we'll let you know") but just to make a point, there are obviously a few of us who might/would buy the Otterbox once the kinks have been ironed out. Until that point though we remain un-affiliated consumers free to let our fickle little minds stray to another, more immediate, option.

02-26-09 02:08 PM
    its huge! haha if i dont win it from that contest i dont think id buy it. although the protection would probly be great...
    02-26-09 02:08 PM
    Soon we hope! I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks.
    02-26-09 02:49 PM
    At $50 sales price, the manufacturer needs to make it at least weather-proof. It does not have to withstand 200M underwater or something drastic like that, but it has to be able to withstand light rain or snow. Otherwise, it is hard to justify the high price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:13 PM
    At $50 sales price, the manufacturer needs to make it at least weather-proof. It does not have to withstand 200M underwater or something drastic like that, but it has to be able to withstand light rain or snow. Otherwise, it is hard to justify the high price.

Trust me it would easily withstand some rain and snow. They are not going to say that because of the liability that puts on them.
    02-26-09 03:29 PM
    I agree their is so little chance that even a drop of water could get to the phone during a rain storm while holding it up to your face.... Otterbox is a great company and although im waiting for the revision i think some people forget that sometimes you give up some conviences for the protection that you are getting. Not being able to type is one thing but the people complaining about the size and how ugly they think it is forget that a phone that has been dropped without an otterbox is far uglier!!!! Im now an otterbox customer for life and im serious when I say I wont buy a phone unless otterbox makes a case for it!
    02-27-09 03:39 AM
    OtterBox, I just found out that the one I ordered from the CrackBerry.com is not the revised edition

I guess it is my fault for thinking that when they (CrackBerry.com) was out of stock and then got stock recently that it would have been the revised edition

(Should have paid more attention to this topic, my bad.)

Question for you, will I be entitled to getting the revised one when it comes out ?

Thanks, Ed
    02-27-09 09:25 AM
    OtterBox, I just found out that the one I ordered from the CrackBerry.com is not the revised edition

I guess it is my fault for thinking that when they (CrackBerry.com) was out of stock and then got stock recently that it would have been the revised edition

(Should have paid more attention to this topic, my bad.)

Question for you, will I be entitled to getting the revised one when it comes out ?

Thanks, Ed
    Ed--You'll need to contact customer service. We generally only make exchanges for products that have been purchased on our site, other sites are completely different businesses.
    02-27-09 10:03 AM
    Wish that revised version was out already! Dropped my Storm out of the truck yesterday.... the chrome around the edges took a beating. DANG IT!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, you have to look close, but I worked sooooo hard to keep it looking pristine.
    03-01-09 01:17 PM
    I HOPE they are addressing the voice quality when using the Otterbox. I thought maybe my issue was typical Storm issues but for some reason it seems to be getting worse. I even tried to drill out the mic hole in the otterbox to make it bigger. Didn't work.

To verify this was the issue, I took the case off while in a call and the other person said WOW, MUCH better. Not sure what the solution is, but I hope the new design takes this issue into account.

Ken
    03-01-09 09:08 PM
    I know exactly what you mean. Also the speaker/earpiece is muffled a lot, I can see some loss but it is more than I would really like.
    03-01-09 10:21 PM
    pop out the two pieces of foam over the mic and the speaker. They were white and stuck out like a sore thumb, so I removed them. See if that helps.
    03-02-09 06:29 AM
    pop out the two pieces of foam over the mic and the speaker. They were white and stuck out like a sore thumb, so I removed them. See if that helps.

There is no white pieces over the mic. There is over the ear piece and speaker on the back.

I even drilled out the hole in the otterbox to about 5x as big. You can clearly see the mic hole through the hole no but it has not improved. I think it has to do the path. Since the mic hole in the otter box point straight down instead of toward your mouth, it makes it difficult to pick up your voice. Things get much worse in a moderately noisey environment. In complete background silence I don't get any complaints but in normal background noise situations, I sometimes just take the Storm out of the case.

I'm going to try and drill another hole that goes toward my mouth and see if that helps.

Ken
    03-02-09 06:38 AM
    Fixed the mic issue!

I drilled a hole straight through the front to the mic and it's perfect.

I hope otterbox is listening! My version doesn't look the greatest but this should be easy to integrate the design. Looks bad but works. I'm going to hand file it some. This pic is just after the drill bit. It's not as simple as drilling a hole straight down, you have to follow the inside contour of the case and make a half circle.
    Ken
    03-02-09 03:32 PM
    Thanks for your suggestions, it's actually the first request I've heard for a mount or cradle. We do make several mount options for our iPod and PDA case lines, but not for the BlackBerry devices. It is something to add for consideration, but probably not in high demand. As for the cradle, we've already addressed this with the silicone silicone plug which opens so you can charge right through the case so there probably wouldn't be a need to make this accessory. We do appreciate the comments and I'll be sure to pass them on!

Thanks,
    Kristin Golliher
    Public Relations Executive
    Its not 'integrated', but I purchased the 'universal squeeze mount' from VZW, and it works perfect... Use the cig lighter adapter (fits right through a slot in the mount) and the Garmin nav software in the Jeep GC all the time!
    03-02-09 03:43 PM
    Yeah, its not 'waterproof', but it keeps the phone dry if I get caught out in rain...

And the case has proven itself more than once for shock! Both on the Storm and my prior 8830..

The Storm took a tumble out of the Jeep last night, bounced twice on the edge and rolled about 6 inces on its edges... Dusted it off and there is NO sign of it happening.. The Otterbox rubber isn't even scratched! And it fell on a concrete driveway!

It does a great job of keeping hay/grain dust off the phone when I'm out working with our horses at the barn also.

Cant wait for the updated design to make the screen a little easier for corners, but its still the BEST case for the phone if you use your phone in 'real world' situations and not just in an office or in a house...
    03-02-09 03:46 PM
    Is it really possible to have a waterproof case where the phone still functions without taking it out? Obviously you could still use bluetooth, but what about just using the phone as is, inside of a case?

03-02-09 04:18 PM
    What do I have to do to get the list for the new model? I have 2 of the older style I just got in the mail (from OtterBox.com)...
    03-02-09 04:53 PM
    What do I have to do to get the list for the new model? I have 2 of the older style I just got in the mail (from OtterBox.com)...
    Just call or e-mail customer service.
    03-02-09 05:56 PM
    you can get it on ebay for like 35
    03-02-09 07:32 PM
308 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD